Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nouveau Cheap Readers Have Spoken: The brand you'd like to see more of on this blog is...

Time again for the results of the monthly Readers' Poll! This time around, 1,339 votes were cast, so let's take a look at what brand you would like to see more coverage of on this blog:

FIRST PLACE
NYX
(798 votes)

SECOND PLACE
e.l.f.
(690 votes)

THIRD PLACE
Sonia Kashuk
(474 votes)

Honorable Mentions: Essence (338 votes), Ulta brand (291 votes), "other" (143 votes)

The brands I listed in this poll are those that are not quite as easily accessible as the other affordable brands I tend to cover here. I'm not surprised by the winner (at all!) but I was surprised to see such interest in Sonia Kashuk--I don't see SK talked about in the comments much, so I though that maybe the majority of you weren't quite as interested in more coverage. Which is exactly why I posted this poll to begin with--I LOVE getting your feedback and knowing what YOU want to see here!

So, for those of you who voted "other", now is the time to let me know what other brands (not listed in the poll) you'd like to see me cover more often here. Please, please leave your comments below and let me know!

This month's poll is now up (see right-hand sidebar) and I would love if you'd take a moment to vote. This is another "reader feedback" type of poll that will help me in determining future content, so I REALLY appreciate your feedback on this one. Thanks in advance!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I guess with Sonia Kashuk, I don't hear much about what's good and what's not, but I'd love to know if there is a really great product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to see more reviews Sonia Kashuk cosmetics I have the hidden agenda concealer and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I voted for Sonia Kashuk. I'm more interested in what you think of the brushes since the brand offers so many options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for other, I would love to see more indie-based companies. They are more individual, and you can often really find great products. Companies like Glamour Doll Eyes, Hurraw Lip Balms, Makeup Geek, Fyrinnae, and Darling Girl~ those would be really interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have the time/funds/etc., I must say that I am curious about the Vera Wang line of make up available at Kohl's. Thanks, G.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Goddess Illumination bronzer with the alligator print is fabulous from SK. Like the Mac's In extra dimesion skinfinishes but bronzier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see Jordana, Inglot, and Coastal Scents brands

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really happy that Sonia Kashuk made the cut. I really believe that SK is truly underrated. Her E/S are amazing, and I love her concealer palette and brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second La colors/Jordana, add Black Radiance, and prefer Sonia Kashuk over NYX... I cannot get NYX anywhere local (finally got a mini Sephora but they do not sell it either), but my Target does sell SK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sephora doesn't sell nyx. Nyx is a drugstore, inexpensive brand. You can find it at ULTA or www.nyxcosmetics.com.

      Delete
  10. I'm really curious about Sonia Kashuk since I don't hear much about it... It's fairly easy to get, but nobody ever seems to know anything about the products, and I've had mixed results with the few I've tried, so I am always nervous to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love SK brushes, they are so underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad that we may see more about NYX! There is a huge display at the local Ulta but I always hesitate to buy b/c I don't know much about the line!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have another suggestion, but I don't know if the brand is too high-end: Meow Cosmetics. They are an Indie brand and I believe everything is mineral. The website has me drooling; by the way, they are internet-only.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, LOVE Sonia Kashuk powder blushes. Glad to see it up here =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. i hope you will cover more about Palladio products, more specifically i am most interested to hear your opinion on their rice powders

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig