Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 4.30.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What’s the last drugstore beauty item you purchased? And how is it working for you? 

G's answer: I literally just bought one of the new scented polishes from LA Girl (now at Rite Aid). I haven't tried it yet (but I'll be showing you pics of the display a bit later). I bought it because I don't already have a neon yellow jelly in my collection, and the fact that it's lemon-scented makes it even better. Hopefully I can make a good "jelly sandwich" with it. I'll definitely post a review in the near future.

Links of the Week:

we heart this – is fabulously matchy in MAC Fashion Sets and has tons of pics to prove it.

Beauty Junkies Unite – Yes, you CAN wear bolder colors on your eyes! Check out this eyeshadow tip we’ve shared from Make Up For Ever, and then oogle the six, very pretty pastel shades!

EauMG – What to smell like an orange creamsicle? You can with Esscentual Alchemy Orange Cream perfume .

Gouldylox Reviews – I’ve finished my at-home laser trial and the results are in!  Plus, I have to give away!

Nouveau Cheap – wishes she could hug Gucci Westman for creating her new Favorite Lipgloss of 2012. (Yes, we’re only five months into the year, but it can’t get much better than this.)

Pink Sith – makes you crave the new NARS Ramatuelle Eyeshadow Trio and fresh summer fruit all in one simple post.

Prime Beauty – shows us that the French know their skincare. Not only does she teach you about Darphin Skincare but she has a giveaway for you too and it runs until May 24th.

Phyrra – offers advice with top tips for new Beauty Bloggers.
 
Vampy Varnish – looking for a less expensive alternative to the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils? Check out Milani Shadow Eyez which are new this season!

What's the last drugstore beauty item YOU purchased, and how is it working for you?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Friday night I purchased Revlon Blue Lagoon and Tangerine polishes on clearance at Walgreens. I applied Blue Lagoon right away and am in awe: it's stunning. Yes, it's streaky, but after 3 coats it's somewhat okay - 4 coats would have made it even better. It's my new favorite shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week I got a little carried away, so I bought quite a few things. One of my favorites has been the Maybelline quad in designer chocolates. Three very nice neutrals, and a beautiful dusty rose shimmer. I've worn it three days this week, today I did a neutral eye with it, then the color tattoo in tenacious teal on the lower lashline... beautiful. I also picked up one of the Milani shadow eyez (the beige) and it is very nice, super creamy, pigmented,stays right where you put it. I would have gotten more if I did not already have all of the color tattoos, which have most of the other colors. Another great purchase was the PF eye booster liner pen, it is really great. Extremely fine tip, product flows without a skip, stays right where you put it. It was an impulse buy because of a spur of the moment coupon deal... but it replaced my other liner pens, blew them out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... I think the wet n wild eye marker thing. I soo disappointed in it though, it's nothing like the jordana one :(((((

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybelline Lots O Lashes mascara and it has ruined me for all others. That pink brush is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my newest drugstore buys is the Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer and it works wonderfully! Almost as well as the Prime Time primer, but not quite (my face gets a tad bit more oily, but not noticeable unless pointed out).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rite Aid had Black Radiance products on sale and I had been eyeing some of their eyeshadow quads on sale for 3.99. I bought the Moroccan Mix. LOVE it! Used it last night for my mans b-day festivities and I used MAC longwear concealer as a base. Held up during the night of dancing!! The colors in the quad are a gold, teal, bronze and a dark gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought my first Sinful Colors nail polish in Why Not, which is a BRIGHT neon blue and while the colors knocked my socks off, the instantaneous chipping, did not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Revlon Elegant nail polish. The most perfect nude polish EVER EVER EVER!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig