Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 2.13.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What’s currently at the top of your beauty lemming list?

G's answer:  Actually, I'm still really excited to pick up some of the new Maybelline SuperStay lip colors and Bouncy Blushes. I'm just waiting for a really good sale and coupon situation and then some of them WILL be mine. I also want to try the Garnier BB Cream, some of the new L'Oreal Colour Riche nail colors, the Revlon ColorStay nail colors, the new Suave Forever Sunshine body wash and the list goes on...


Links of the Week:

Vampy Varnish – checks out the newest MAC collection for spring called Vera

we heart this – checks out Covergirl Natureluxe gloss balm and shares 4 easy tips for retro lovers to lighten up their look for spring.

Beauty Junkies Unite – The eyes really have it with this new collection from bareMinerals, Frill Seeker!

Clumps of Mascara – made a list of 7 Things Beauty Bloggers Should Never Do. Think she was dead on?

Gouldylox Reviews – I care. This is why I am asking, no begging you, not to do this

Krasey Beauty – shows you the bright beauty look (and outfit!) that she wore to her friend’s bridal shower.

Lipglossiping – wonders how to make our fellas smell as good as they look and shares her husband’s favourite scents.

Nouveau Cheap – Are you a fan of colorful, sparkly shadows? If so, then you’ll definitely want to check out the new Coloricon eyeshadow singles from Wet n Wild.

Sith – swoons over the Spring 2012 Chanel eyeshadow quad in Ecolosion, where being subtle is not necessary.

Phyrra – cures her lemming for the Urban Decay Naked 2 collection. See how!

What's at the top of YOUR beauty lemming list?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I really love Revlon's new PhotoReady Primer! I got it really cheap, thanks to a 40% off sale and a $2 off coupon and I have to say, it is fantastic! Some days I don't even require a touch up, just a little oil blotting. I also love their new Lip Butter line. I am also very into Covergirl's NatureLuxe Lip Balm at the moment as well. Just the right amount of color for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm out of the loop... but I don't know what a "beauty lemming" is. Somebody give me a heads up and I'll be glad to share lol.

    I did want to mention I actually really like both the bouncy blush and the garnier bb cream, even though they have gotten some really bad reviews. I find the blush is one of those products you have to build, which is exactly how I like my blushes (and bronzers for that matter). I have two of them and adore the peach color, in fact I like it so much I haven't tried the pink one yet. There is a trick to applying, don't try to scoop it or push your finger into it, just swirl lightly on top. It blends out beautifully, and looks very natural. The bb cream matches my skin tone (lucky) and I find it very nice for days when I just want a little evening out along with some spf. It really is more of a tinted moisturizer than anything else. I really like the texture it has, and it gives a lot of "life" to my skin. Also other products, like concealer, seem to play well with it, which is a problem I have had with other tinted moisturizers including the wet n wild one I tried today, my concealer looked ok but as the day went on it clumped up and flaked. I did like the product, so I will try some other concealers with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With me it's the Maybelline Color Tatoos (specifically the bronze and pomegranate), the Maybelline Baby Lips and the NYX Slide-On Eye Pencils. I so don't need them, but I want them. And yes, they WILL be mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Maybelline eye tattoos are like pokemon.. gonna have to collect them all lol. I thought at first it was hyped up to much but I bought bad to the bronze... I loved it and have bought a few more since then and am really enjoying them all. I bought one of the Superstay Maybelline lipsticks but have yet to try it. The swatch is so pretty and I saw a few colors that looked good so if they staying power is good (definitely don't expect 14 hrs) I may have to get some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't even get me started on the color tattoos. Never thought it would be something I would use, let alone need. I have never found a cream shadow that was even wearable, let alone HG. Finally broke down and bought one (bronze), it sat in my drawer for at least a week until someone asked me how I liked it.. figured I should try it and get it over with. I put in on with my absolute worst pigmented and quickest fading shadow on top. Really stacked the odds against it. OMG it went on like a dream, looked fantastic, and did not budge all day, in fact I had trouble getting it off lol. I immediately went out the next day and bought all of them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really haven't had any lemmings lately. My beauty organizer is overflowing and I kind of feel guilty buying more. Still, I woke up the other day with this really bad urge - read: NEED - to try the Revlon lip butters. So I went out to Walgreens today, used two different coupons and combined it with their BOGO 1/2 off sale. Still, I feel slightly guilty for buying another lipstick even though I really like the product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember... "Lip butter", not lipstick... So it's okay ;-) haha

      Delete
  7. I don't think I have any lemmings lately over makeup. However, I do want to start my own blog. I think it's to hard, but it seems that so many people have blogs. every blog is different and unique at times. I wonder. Great post by the way. It exposed me to so many other bloggers that might inspire me. Thanks ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm.... Well it would be revlon lip butters and bouncy blushes, but i picked those up yesterday, so yea! Right now its probably the new(ish) maybelline lumi concealer.

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadow and bought the matte taupe one based solely on the review here at Nouveau Cheap. Thanks! Just wish they had more matte colors because super-sparkly looks silly at my age.

    Anyway, my beauty lemming is the Revlon Lip Butter in "Berry Smoothie." Everywhere I go, it's sold out. Some day it shall be mine! I love the Raspberry Pie one and Cotton Candy is OK but a little too light for me.

    Oh, and can I say I'd like to own every single nail polish made by Zoya??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woot woot woot! Finally found "Berry Smoothie" at CVS -- lemming no more!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig