Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Press release: butter LONDON Spring/Summer 2012 Lacquer Collection

I know many of you are butter LONDON fans, so I wanted to post the press release about their new Spring/Summer 2012 collection in case you haven't heard about it yet:

butter LONDON™ and Founding Creative Director Nonie Creme are pleased to introduce the new S/S 12 lacquer collection. 

Says Creme,  “What a season! Pops of neon colour everywhere, tempered by sherbet pastels and cool neutrals. It left us plenty to play with in the nail realm.  I’ve mixed a couple of softer opaque shades in cantaloupe and pale pistachio, and followed up with an intense retro turquoise and slightly glittery hot pink.  Finally, a quietly marvelous sheer oyster that packs a tiny punch with micro glitter particles for those seeking a new way to wear neutral. The message this season is KNOW who you are, then BE who you are! It’s all about the Individual this season, and the beauty world is yours to rule.”
Bossy Boots
Colour Description - Light, opaque pistachio green. A beautiful take on neutral for this season
Dictionary Description - A derogatory name for someone who is pushy or bossy, (usually reserved for children)
Disco Biscuit
Colour Description - Tropical hot pink with an undercurrent of tiny iridescent glitter particles
Dictionary Description - A club term from the rave days of the early 90’s for a tablet of Ecstasy
Knackered
Colour Description - A sheer, twinkling oyster shade flecked with micro glitter particles.
Dictionary Description - To be tired or exhausted. “Wow, you look knackered. What did you get up to last night?!”
 
Slapper
Colour Description - A truly teal lacquer, bold and very bright.
Dictionary Description - Brit-speak for ”slut”.

Trout Pout
Colour Description - An opaque shade of cantaloupe, pale and retro.
Dictionary Description -  Cruel slang for a woman who has “over done” the collagen in her lips, leaving her with a rather fishy face.


The Spring/Summer 2012 butter LONDON collection can purchased on the butter LONDON website and also at Nordstrom. Ulta also carries butter LONDON, but as of the time of this post the Spring/Summer 2012 collection is not yet available on the Ulta site.

One of the racier names in this collection, Slapper, is a stand-out shade for me (looove those teal cremes). What about you? Anything jumping out at you here?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. These colors are gorgeous, I can't wait to see them in person. I am loving Bossy Boots, too bad these are so pricey. Hopefully a good drugstore dupe comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUST have Disco Biscuit and Knackered!!!! So awesome. I love Butter London!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're already out at Nordstrom and Dillard's in Norfolk, VA. I'm in love with Knackered and will also get Disco Biscuit and Slapper. However, I'm waiting until I have 4 weeks of Weight Watchers under my belt. I need incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never owned a butter London but I do love the colors! Someday I will make the spluge! :) I usually save my spluges for Chanel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have Knackered and Disco Biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this collection. Can't wait to see it in person. Wondering how bossy boots compares to essie's Absolutely Shore......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Knackered, Slapper, and Trout Pout, but sadly these are out of my price range. Do they ever go on sale on the company's web site or in stores? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just purchased my first Butter London polishes yesterday, at Ulta. They did have the Spring colors out, I got one "Knackered" but haven't swatched anything yet but they sure have some great colors! I wish I had got Disco Biscuit but I might head out to Sephora, I hope they carry BL there. All in all I got 5 shade for my first time around and can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig