Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birthday presents!

Hello, my lovelies! If you noticed that I didn't post any new blog posts yesterday and were wondering why, it was my birthday and I took a day off from the blog. I'd love to share with you some of the highlights from my day, starting with the CAKE:


Mr. G bought my cake, and I swear he picked the exact cake I would have picked out myself if I had been there. This was a tres leches cake with caramel dripping down the sides and fresh strawberry filling inside. This had to have been the most moist cake I've ever eaten (and continue to eat, since I still have 1/4 of it in my fridge!). The fresh fruit on top deceived me into thinking I was actually being semi-healthy with every bite. Ha!


I wanted to spend a very relaxing day with my loved ones for my birthday, so we all went over to my parents' house and had lots of sushi and of course this cake. It was such a great day with lots of laughs and stories and I really could not have asked for a better birthday.

Here are a few of the presents I received yesterday:

 Philosophy 6-pc GWP set

(includes: Tinsel Town gloss, Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, Tinsel Town 3-in-1, Miracle Worker moisturizer and Eye Hope eye cream)

 Philosophy Limited Edition Snow Angel Collection
(includes full-size Snow Angel 3-in-1, Snow Angel Body Lotion and Snow Angel Body Spritz)

The Snow Angel collection is one that I actually didn't even know existed (I don't keep up on Philosophy scents as much as I should!)  but apparently it's sold out online and I can see why. I ADORE anything that smells like "snow" (my favorite Demeter fragrance of all time is Snow) and my parents really nailed it with this one. To get me something beauty-related that I don't already know about, and is perfect for me, is a big accomplishment and I am SO grateful for this one. I seriously want to bathe in that body mist.

From my brother:


My brother and I LOVE to get each other gag gifts and this one had me cracking up. I have a weird thing for Chriss Angel. He is so over the top and dramatic that it makes me laugh, yet some of his magic is pretty impressive. I would never actually go out and buy any of these products, but I freaking LOVED getting this and I assure you I busted it out and performed some "magic" for the family last night. This card trick was so easy to learn and it's actually kind of impressive the first few times you do it (before you figure out what's really going on).

From Mr. G:


In addition to that fabulous cake, Mr. G bought me two movies I've been wanting for a VERY long time. The first is Glass Bottom Boat, which is my favorite Doris Day movie ever. The second is Midnight Madness, which is this wonderfully cheesy movie from the 80s that I LOVED when I was a kid and probably haven't seen in 25 years. I was SO stoked to get both of these DVDs that I can't even put it into words.

Thanks for reading this, and I also want to thank so many of you for the outpouring of birthday wishes on Twitter and Facebook yesterday. I was absolutely blown away by your messages. Feeling so much love on my birthday made it a day I'll never, ever forget. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Love,
G. xo
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Awww HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! it sounds like you had a great Birthday and I wish you happiness and health in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is stunning...a work of art! It looks delicious though :) Great gifts, and a belated Happy Birthday To You! I was just reading an article in People about Doris Day...she's making a comeback, releasing an album. I think she's 87 now. Enjoy your movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a great bday!! Happy Belated Birthday, G!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I can feel the love! What awesome gifts-so YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late birthday!! THat cake looks soooooo good. I want carmel to drip down my birthday cake this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, belated happy birthday! I see you made out really well -- that cake looks delicious, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I *not* know yesterday was your birthday?!? Happy belated, lady!!!! Looks like you had an awesome day! I want to NOM that cake through my monitor!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday for yesterday! That cake looks amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday!!!! I am glad you had a great time with your family, and your presents are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! Lovely presents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Birthday, to the woman who inspired me to create my own blog! I hope you had an awesome Birthday and I wish you many, many, many more to come. xx Carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great birthday! You have people that love you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday!!

    thanks for all you do <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! What a beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, your birthday sounds so perfect - I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! That cake looks divine, mmmm. Love your pressies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday. The cake looks great. Midnight Madness! That's a blast from the past. I used to watch it on cable all the time when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That does look like a healthy cake!

    P.S. A bloody mary counts as a serving of vegetables. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to you! That cake looks seriously scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAT G.!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderday! Thanks for sharing your gifts with us! You really got lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday, G! That cake is gorgeous and your presents look awesome (Snow Angel smells really good). Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous cake!! Happy Belated Birthday - sounds like it was a great day! You got some wonderful gifts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow that cake looks beautiful. happy belated birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig