Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken! Your favorite drugtore lipgloss brand is...

It's the beginning of the month so you know what that means: time for the results of last month's reader's poll! After 1,073 votes, here's how you weighed in:


FIRST PLACE
Revlon 
(467 votes)

SECOND PLACE
NYX
(264 votes)

THIRD PLACE
e.l.f.
(180 votes)

Also earning a considerable amount of votes:
Maybelline (117)
NYC (103)
Wet n Wild (96)

Geeze, ladies, why don't you tell me how you REALLY feel? Ha! I'm guessing that Super Lustrous glosses are probably the main reason why so many of you voted for Revlon. Would this be a fair assumption?

No matter how you voted, I'd love to hear what particular glosses from these brands are your favorites. Also, if you voted other, I'd love to know which brand you would have voted for if it had been an option.

This month's poll is a little bit different: for November I'm asking you to vote for your favorite overall drugstore cosmetics brand. I included some brands that haven't really been options in the past, but for this poll I wanted to feature not just drugstore but mass-market brands that you can find at drugstores, Target, Ulta, dollar stores and beauty supplies. Basically it's every affordable brand I could think of! I will feature the results in my year-end Cheapie Awards, so please, please take a second to vote. Thanks so much!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I chose L'Oreal because while their eyeshadows are terrible (I go to department store brands for my eyeshadow), I love their lipstick, and their Visible Lift foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry guys! I had to remove the poll after I realized that Hard Candy was accidentally left off as an option! You can't add new options after people have already voted, so I had to take the entire poll down and create a new one. If you voted in the poll before it was removed, I'm SO sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those days where I should have just stayed in bed! I forgot to select "users may select multiple answers", sooo....I had to remove the poll AGAIN and create a new one. Apologies if you voted before the other polls were removed. I PROMISE this is the last time. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose "Other". I absolutely have fallen in love with Essence Stay With Me lip glosses that you can get at Ulta. They are super pigmented, not stinky, and have great staying power. I think they have 6 colors, I wish they had more though. They're great. I think I got them for under $2.50 each too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! i am in love with Revlon Super Lustrous. i wore Pink Pop or Coral Reef daily until my latest obsession: Nude Lustre! i love it layered with Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Icy Nude (which i've seen on 1/2 price clearance at many Walgreens). i had to buy 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked Almay as one of my fav since their products are non comedogenic and gentle on sensitive skin, and two I picked elf since their products are super affordable and great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chose Revlon because of their Super Lustrous lip glosses like you said, but their ColorBurst ones are great too. I'm not sure why ppl say E.L.F. unless it's their new glossy gloss ppl are talking about

    ReplyDelete
  8. conniewxx: I'm pretty sure it IS due to the glossy glosses. I know that a LOT of people are looooving those (I'm one of them!). :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig