Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 12, 2011

NK nail enamels: Infinity & Mystical three ways

A few weeks ago I showed you a pretty blue polish from NK (Nicka K New York) and also their black crackle. If you're unfamiliar with NK Nail Enamels, they retail for $1.49 online and you can also find them at many beauty supply stores and even dollar stores. I also want to mention that on the Nicka K website you can enter code NICKAFALL at checkout to receive 25% off your order (now through November 28).

When Nicka K New York sent me the blue polish and the crackle, they also sent me two glittery top coats, which I'd like to show you today:

NK Nail Enamel in Infinity (left) and Mystical (right)
(retail: $1.49, 0.5 oz) 



For the following swatches, I used one coat of black polish as a base (Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris), followed by two coats on each finger of Infinity (pinky and middle fingers) and Mystical (ring and index fingers). I also applied one layer of clear top coat (Sally Hansen Mega Shine):




 As you can see, over black polish, the glitter in Mystical is blue-based while the glitter is Infinity full of golden hues:




Since I'm currently obsessed with slapping a matte top coat over anything that's even remotely sparkly, I thought it might be fun to layer one coat of ManGlaze Matte-Astrophe over the NK polishes:




I LOVE how these glitters look with a matte top coat. But never one to leave well enough alone, I THEN decided to try a layer of Absolute! Crackle (also from Nicka K) on top of the matte top coat. This didn't look so great on its own, so I applied another layer of clear top coat on top of the crackle just to make it more smooth:




I think that because I layered the crackle polish over the matte top coat, the crackle didn't really "crack" as well as it should have. In person, the crackle detail is very fine, so the glitter subtly peeks through when the light catches my nails.

To see all of the Nicka K polish collections, click here.

And remember, you can enter code NICKAFALL on the Nicka K website to receive 25% off your order (through November 28).

Do you own any glittery top coats or other shades from NK? What are some of your favorites?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Mystical is stunning! Infinity is pretty too, but I already have a gold glitter nail polish. I really like the blue in Mystical though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes!!! Gimme!!! This look so beautiful. Like the most clear, winter night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gold tone glitter- very pretty! The matte and shiny top coats both look nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig