Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 12, 2011

Reminder: BBW Paris Amour Event this Saturday, August 13th


Fellow BBW fans: TOMORROW (Saturday, Aug 13th) is the Paris Amour Fragrance Event! I know I already posted about this event in detail last week, but I had several of you ask for a reminder so here it is!

Tomorrow between 11AM and 4PM in stores and ALL DAY online, you can purchase ANY Signature Collection item and you'll get a FREE cosmetic bag and FULL SIZE bottle of Charmed Life lotion!



I've recently posted about other coupons and freebies that are currently going on at BBW but, from what you're telling me, it sounds like some stores may be participating in certain freebies while others are no longer doing so. So one thing you CAN depend on is the above fragrance event--even if you miss it at your local BBW tomorrow, you can still take advantage ONLINE all day tomorrow.

Just in time for this event, I'd like to give you a mini review of Paris Amour, since I was recently given the bottle of lotion in the pic at top of this post by my wonderful friend Yuliya. She knew I had been wanting this and well, she took it upon herself to send it to me (thank you so so much, Yuliya!).

In my opinion, Paris Amour is an extremely feminine scent that is reminiscent of BBW Cherry Blossom. I'd even go so far as to say that if you love Cherry Blossom, you'll probably love Paris Amour.

TOP NOTES
Sparkling Mandarin, Petite Strawberry, Cassis, Pink Apple Blossom, Dewy Freesia

MID NOTES
Luscious Peach, Jasmine Petals, French Tulip, Water Lily, Frangipani

DRY NOTES
French Vanilla, Coconut Milk, Amber Wood, Sandalwood, Creamy Musk

When I first apply this lotion, the top notes all seem to hit me at once--I get a beautiful combination of apple blossom, strawberry, cassis and freesia (not too much mandarin though). Once this lotion absorbs into my skin, the freesia really grabs hold and I'd say it's one of the most predominant notes in this fragrance. After a while I do detect some water lily, coconut, vanilla and a bit of sandalwood, but the overall combination is very reminiscent of Cherry Blossom to my nose--but with just a touch more fruit and bit more creaminess.

If you like sweet, light, floral fragrances, I think you might very much enjoy this one. The only way to know is to give it a try yourself tomorrow at the event, right?

Another HUGE thanks to my pal Yuliya for the very sweet surprise!

I hope you have fun at the event if you attend--I'd love to hear what you end up getting!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. My husband surprised me with a bottle today when I got home from work; the scent really is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww ur welcome! im excited for the event! hope i can make it to the event and sniff charmed life =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i went, they have a cute set of the paris perfume and lotion for 15.00 so cute, and they put a ribbon around my wrist that is scented with charmed life, it smells SO good! its kind of like vera wang princess perfume. I love it and so happy with the free bottle of lotion. thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're offering the deal online as well with a $25 purchase and you get $1 shipping with code-parisgift. I bought the Paris shimmer lotion, the paris body cream, and then got the paris body spray for free, the charmed life lotion and cosmetic bag free and the $1 shipping. Ended up being under $30 for all that with tax and shipping included. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went today, but i did not care to much for the Charmed Life. But i love Paris Amour. Gonna go back and get the full sized bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter and I tried to get the free Paris lotion with the Seventeen printout, but my store said they were no longer honoring it, but she gave me a number to "validate" it?!

    I shall be making a call on Monday.

    I was kinda bummed because I didn't see my favorite SA there... and had to deal with a bunch of newbies and walk them through with the coupons.

    Long story short.. I had to request a manager to use my coupons.

    the items I bought were

    1 oz EDT w/ 3 oz lotion in Paris
    1 full size spriz in Paris
    2 pocket bacs
    1 travel size Sea Island Cotton spirtz
    2 bottles of Charmed Life
    w/ coupons.. total was $18.68!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig