Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Lipstick League - week of 6.20.11


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What’s the one shade you wish you could pull off, but can’t?

G's Answer: If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, then you know what I'm going to say. I just can't make most purples work for me, despite how hard I tried. Oh, and I can't make opaque, light pink lip colors work for me either.

Links of the week:

Clumps of Mascara - has found the blush of all blushes. This one is absolutely gorgeous!

Lipglossiping - channels her inner eyeshadow geek when she swatches her Shiro Cosmetics haul. Come take a peek(achu)!

Nouveau Cheap - is giving away 10 sets of the fab new Milani Glossé Top Coat and Smoothé Base Coat (contest ends midnight on 4th of July)!

Orange to LA - recaps her first IMATS Los Angeles 2011 experience. If you didn’t make it out to IMATS this year you can see what you missed!

Pink Sith - Introduces you to the new Chanel Illusion D’Ombre gel shadows. Will you fall in love with them as much as she has?

Phyrra - falls in love with the Too Faced Eye Love palette and tells you where you can find it.

Vampy Varnish - You can't miss out on these limited edition glosses from Milani.

we heart this - did IMATS last weekend. Wow, did they ever! Check out the haul photos.

Beauty Junkies Unite - Find out why Amber's experience with the Velvet Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation from Amazing Cosmetics didn't wind up being as amazing as she had hoped!

What shade can you not pull off (but wish you could)?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. For me, I can't pull off light blue (think Barbie) and green. My skin is yellow toned so these colors make me look dull and sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me about 25 years of looking to find a red lipstick that stayed red on me and didn't turn babboon butt pink. I finally found one, its an ULTA shade, so that holy grail is found.
    I doubt I'll ever be able to pull of yellow nail polish; I bought a WnW yellow that is very creamy pale and I'm hoping I can make it work because I want to konad on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to do a really red lip. I look absolutely ridiculous with red lipstick on though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. In answer to the Q at the end... I wish I could pull off a super dark smokey eye.-- but my eyes are on the small side and I have deep undereye hollows, so dark smokiness makes me look exhausted instead of dramatic. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i could wear red lipstick its so classic but i cant pull it off

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am the only blue eyed blonde that cannot wear pink!!! I love it and while I do wear pink blush, there isnt a lipstick, gloss or even clothes that really work on me! HELP!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig