Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 11, 2011

Eye look using Wet n Wild We're Blasting Off trio

One of the best things about having this blog is that I can confess to you certain things, and I'm pretty sure you'll understand. For instance, let's say you got some fun new makeup goodies that you were excited to play around with...but then...it was 100 degrees (around 90 in your house) with high humidity. It's impossible to play around with makeup under those conditions, and I know that you understand how frustrating that can be! For the past few days, all I've wanted to do is bust out makeup and play around, but who likes applying makeup to a sweaty face? NOBODY, that's who!

So the other night, I waited until it was very late and had cooled down a bit in my house, to create this look using the new limited edition Wet n Wild trio, We're Blasting Off.

 


Yes, I'm indeed wearing a pink AND a purple in this look. Can you believe it? (And please forgive the state of my brows--I'm long overdue for waxing/shaping). So here's what I used:

Face

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF50 in Translucent Light

Maybelline SuperStay Concealer in Light

Eyes

On brows: Maybelline Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil in Dark Blonde

As eyeshadow primer and as a highlighter on inside corners of eyes and underneath lower lashline: CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast Primer + Shadow in Beige Blaze

Eyeliner: the "Pink" shade in the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio for Hazel Eyes

On waterline: Palladio Herbal Precision Eyeliner in Black Onyx 

Mascara: Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Washable Mascara in Glam Black

Eyeshadow: Wet n Wild LE We're Blasting Off trio
  • matte pink shade from lashline to a little below brow bone
  • taupe shade from lashline to crease
  • matte chocolate brown shade in outer "v"
I applied these shadows with my e.l.f. eyeshadow brush and then blended with my Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush.

I have reviewed many of the products used for this look in previous blog posts, so for more info just search any of the products above and the reviews will come up.

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to know if any of you have spotted the new WnW Dream Weaver trios in your area yet!

A sample of some of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I know what you mean about the heat. I have no restraint whatsoever when it comes to make up so I'm still wearing mine in this heat. Needless to say I've been a blotting fool. lol. Love the look. I need to pick up more of those trios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! i really like this!! The bottom two colors kind of remind me of the Silent Treatment trio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this! Haven't spotted it yet in my area of Orlando, but that's not unusual for my area & Wet-n-Wild. I'll definitely be on the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty, G.
    I am so lucky I have A/C now. But,I get your pain. I went all summer last year and a few weeks of this summer with no A/C. FINALLY someone could fix it!

    Hope it gets cooler in your area soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gahh...I know what you mean G. This heat is making me not want to do anything lol. I've worn makeup though, but I try not to put too much and I make sure I stay cool :)

    This trio from WnW is just adorable and I like the eye makeup you did. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's how I feel. It's BB cream and go for me in this heat.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig