Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New China Glaze Crackle Metals collection

[UPDATE: Per China Glaze, this collection is set to hit stores this August, though some retailers may get it a little earlier/later]

I just received this info from China Glaze today and I'm so excited to share it with you!

From China Glaze:
THE HOTTEST METALS GET CRACKLED

China Glaze Introduces Six New Crackle Glaze Polishes in Sparkling Metallics for Summer 2011

Los Angeles, Calif. – (June 2011): Set your summer style to “sizzle” with China Glaze’s new Crackle Glaze Metals collection. The pioneer in crackle technology, China Glaze takes the beauty phenomenon to the next level with this second-generation polish that pairs the edgy innovation of crackle with the elegant beauty of metals. The China Glaze Crackle Glaze Metals collection features six sparkling metallic colors including:

· Tarnished Gold: Warm, honeyed hue
· Platinum Pieces: Shimmering silver
· Haute Metal: Pale pink
· Cracked Medallion: Bold bronze
· Latticed Lilac: Soft lavender
· Oxidized Aqua: Deep aquamarine blue

Create dramatically different looks with just one sweep of China Glaze Crackle Glaze Metals. Layer over different base colors to create bold styles. Use a lighter coat to create a fine crackle, a thicker coat for a deep shatter effect. As versatile and edgy as China Glaze’s biggest celebrity fans (Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Nicole Ritchie and Kelly Osbourne, to name a few), Glaze Crackle Glaze Metals is sure to be this summer’s hottest beauty trend!

The China Glaze Crackle Glaze Metals collection will be available as open stock colors and 12 piece counter display with a unique Crackle Glaze screen and including an instructional hang tag.

China Glaze is free of DBP, toluene, and added formaldehyde.

China Glaze nail lacquers are available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide. For more information, visit: www.chinaglaze.com or follow China Glaze on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChinaGlaze

Tarnished Gold

Platinum Pieces

Haute Metal

Cracked Medallion

Latticed Lilac

Oxidized Aqua

China Glaze fans: what do you think of these new crackles? Do you have your eye on any shade in particular? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I KNOW I'll get them all. However, are you surprised when I tell you Haute Metal is MINE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K: Well shoot. That's about as surprising as me telling you that Latticed Lilac will be MINE! lol!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of them,but my favorites look like Haute Metal,and Latticed Lilac!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the gold and silver ones look similar to the gold and silver ones from the Sally Hansen overcoats.

    do you know when these should hit stores?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my eye on...all of them! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The info on it has been out for a while now and if you're professional manicurist or cosmetologist you can pre-order it from any distributor. I have mine on pre-order and paid $54 for a set of 12 (two of each color). The pro display is different than the one that was was released in the press kit.

    As for when it'll be in stores. It'll be available to pros in July which means Sallys should have it in stock by August.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thalia: Those are my two faves too. :)

    Clarissa: I will ask my contact at China Glaze that question and get back to you. Thanks!

    TENDERHEARTR: Glad you like them too!

    Zadidoll: I'm sorry if this post annoyed you, since you said you already knew about it. I try to post things as quickly as I can, but sometimes even if info has been out there for a while, it may be new to ME, and therefore I know it might be new to others as well. I'm just trying to help people get information in any way I can. Thanks for the info about the pro stuff--I'm sure that will be helpful to any professionals who read my blog (but if they are pros, might they already know about it like you do? lol!). Did you hear from Sally or China Glaze about that August in-store date or is that an educated guess? I'm checking with my China Glaze contact now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping Cracked Medallion would be more coppery. I REALLY want a copper crackle I can put on top of a patina green polish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. auroragyps: OMG, a copper crackle on top of a patina green?!?! That sound AH-MAZE-ING. Great, now you're going to have me obsess over this combo! If you find polishes that give you this look, please please let me know? Thank you!! Wow, that just sounds SO beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. D8 *faints* Cheaper silver Crackle!!! And other Awesome looking shades! I Guess my nail polish hunting spree isn't over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all the colors are pretty! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually saw these in Beauty Supply Plus yesterday! I may pick one up. I bought a Sally Hansen Crackle polish and was really disappointed in the lack of pigment, tho it did crack well. It was my 1st time with crackle polishes and really want one that has a really strong color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like tarnished gold, haute metal and the aqua one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little off topic. I bought the china glaze crackle in white at Sallys the other day. Just tried it and I hate it! So chalky and gross. Does not looks Crackle-y at all just makes me look like i have some sort of fungus. I used Essie Azure blue(from the CVS clearance). But it looks terrible. I will be returning later today! I still love china Glaze though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clarissa: My contact at China Glaze confirmed that these should be in stores in August (though some retailers might get them a bit earlier/later). Hope that helps!

    Kathy: lol!!! :)

    Issa: I agree! :)

    robin: Oh that's such a bummer! I have been tempted to buy one of the SH crackles but the price always puts me off (though they're going on sale next week for $4.99 at CVS, I believe, so maybe I'll try one soon). I only have a black crackle now (from Barry M.) and it's great, so maybe try black if you want a strong contrast?

    ashwillis: Those are pretty ones!

    :-): Oh man, it sounds like you had the same experience as robin (above). I'm so sorry to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want them all since last month *lol*.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OHHH! The hotness that IS China Glaze! I have a long-time crush on ChG, can you tell?! :D

    I've been impatiently waiting for this collection since I first heard the faintest whisper about it prob 2 months ago now! But I know it will be so worth it! :)

    I will SO get them all - but Oxidized Aqua is the one that's really grabbing me!

    Haute Metal looks gorgeous, too. Latticed Lilac is pretty but I'm concerned it might not look very pigmented when on the nail after it crackles and could end up appearing almost silver. :S Ha! That I worry about this stuff is telling, no??! ;)

    And Platinum Pieces! YES!!! I WANT! Tried Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil (silver) and ended up returning it (CVS). Hated it! It required a very thick coat to crack and then the cracks were very wide apart and quite large - like fault lines, not cracks!!! :( I have all the current China Glaze Crackle Glazes and NONE of them behave that way! They all crack so nicely!!!

    Anyway... sorry this is soooooo long! *blushes* China Glaze gets me all riled up - LOL! :D

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. G, I'm so sorry to double-comment but I forget to tell you something!

    You're right, all colors of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat is on sale for $4.99 next week at CVS. Nice deal considering the high (IMO) pricepoint they've put these at!

    Also, there *WAS* a new coupon (posted yesterday, I believe) on coupons.com for $0.50 off any SH Nail Polish or Treatment. It was still there earlier today but I can't find it now, even after trying multiple zip codes... :( Maybe the number of clicks already maxed out and it was pulled? Or might just be me!

    What I'm saying is it's probably worth checking out for yourself in any case - an extra half a buck saved never hurts, right?? :) http://www.coupons.com

    There's also a new Rimmel and a new NYC coupon on coupons.com as well. Oddly enough, they're Target store coupons, not manufacturer coupons, however. Surprised me since target.com has a large coupon section on their website full of store coupons! But it's all good, don't get me wrong! :D They were just put up today I think and might be worth picking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig