Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Lipstick League - week of 5.30.11

image source: loewssurfdog.blogspot.com

The Sixth Annual Surf Dog Competition was held yesterday here in San Diego (at Imperial Beach if you're in SD) and I just love the pic of this bulldog. Look at his intensity!  While he didn't place (the winner of the Small Dog competition went to an Australian Kelpie named Abbie Girl) I think this guy should have won an award for stone-cold determination!

Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

You’re running late and only have time to apply ONE makeup product to your face (after you’ve applied your skincare, of course). What’s it going to be?

G's Answer: This is my worst nightmare! It's really a toss-up between powder foundation and eyebrow pencil. Hum...I think I'm going to have to go with eyebrow pencil. At the very least, people would be able to see my eyes (and hopefully that would draw attention away from my skin imperfections).

Links of the Week:

Vampy Varnish - Asks if a new Benefit mascara can really make people wonder if They're Real.

we heart this -  is bubbly over one of Stila's new lip glaze shades - Bubble Gum.

Beauty Junkies Unite -  wants to give you a fab Summer Prep Kit from Bliss, valued at $144...but you can't win if you don't enter!

Clumps of Mascara - is absolutely loving Deborah Lippman’s newest nail polish shades . They are perfect for summer!

EauMG - EauMG reviews one of the best lilac perfumes on the market, Profumi di Firenze Lilla.

Lipglossiping - previews the upcoming Autumn/Winter collection from Butter London. Two seasons, five shades, you’re bound to ‘fall’ for one of them!

Nouveau Cheap -  gives you an in-depth review of the new CoverGirl Intense Shadowblast Primer + Shadow. The proof is in the pics!

Orange to LA - shares the products in her May Favorites list. Bright eyeliners, and gold eye shadows- Just in time for summer!

Pink Sith - Tortures it’s readers with their 5th installment in the Blushes You Can’t Have monthly series.  This month Chanel Turbulent is flaunted!

Phyrra  - revisits Darling Girl Cosmetics. See how the company has changed and grown.


 If you only had time to apply one makeup item to your face (after skincare), what would it be?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lipstick for sure! I have natural red hair and pale, pale lips and skin. If I don't put some color on my lips, I look like a corpse.

    I'm a single mom of a 7 and 10 year old, so this happens to me 2-3times a week. No time for anything but a swipe of lipstick. : - )

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig