Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Lipstick League - week of 5.23.11



Otter follows boy at the San Diego Zoo

When I saw this video the other day, it absolutely warmed my heart, so I thought I'd share it with you. When I was a teenager, I spent a few summers working at the San Diego Zoo, and it was probably the best job I ever had (despite having to wear brown polyester every day and sling burgers to hot, angry and impatient masses). Having access to so many animals on a daily basis (talk about the ultimate lunch break!) was something that never got old. I was also able to meet countless celebrities and their families because, well, everyone eventually visits the world-famous San Diego Zoo!

Lipstick League Question of the Week:
 
What’s a brand that you absolutely love but can’t afford?

G's Answer: Ha ha ha! There are a zillion brands I love but can't afford, but if I had to break it down to my top six, they would be: Laura Mercier bath & body products (anyone care to buy me the créme de pistache body soufflé for $55?), Chantecaille (everything), Guerlain (lipstick, Meteorites), Dior (quints) and many, many fragrances by Serge Lutens and L'Artisan.


Links of the Week:

Phyrra  - shows you the Science Collection, a.k.a. Portal! 30 thoroughly tested colors that are a Triumph!


we heart this -  The Frédéric Fekkai Essential Shea Collection made our hair feel like a big stick of butter (that's a good thing)!


Beauty Junkies Unite -  Amber shares a few shades of perfectly neutral polish from the new Jessica Cosmetics Carte Blanche Collection. Which one is your favorite?


EauMG - EauMG reviews a savory, Bohemian perfume by DSH Perfumes that would fit right in at the Moulin Rouge.


Nouveau Cheap -  There’s something for everyone in the Milani HD Advance Lip Color range. Oh the pretty colors!


Orange to LA - is feeling blue, but in a good way thanks to Paul & Joe Summer 2011 L’Horizon Bleu Collection, check out pictures and swatches of her favorite pieces!


Pink Sith - Suffers from Lonely Cart Syndrome (LCS). Read about the gem she discovered in Lipstick Queen’s Butterfly Ball Lipstick during one of her recent outbreaks.


What brands do you love but can't afford?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. What a sweet video! Thank you for posting it. It made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Litz: Awww, I'm so glad it made you smile too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this video!
    Thanks for sharing! I can't stop smiling :) So cute

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig