Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 4, 2011

Your first look: new spring releases from Palladio

Note: before I begin this post, I want to let you know that Palladio Tinted Lip Balms (these are a favorite of mine and I know many of you love them as well) are currently on sale at Sally for $2.99 each (regularly $3.99). Just thought you might like to know!

A little while ago, I showed you product images of some of the newest products from Palladio, and today I'd like to give you a closer look! I received several of Palladio's spring releases recently, and since I wanted to get these products up as soon as possible, I'm not going to give you formal reviews, but rather my preliminary thoughts on each product. I have only been using these products for a few days now, so please keep that in mind!

All of the following products should be up on the Palladio site in the next two weeks, with availability at Sally Beauty and Ulta to follow (I'll give you details on that when available).

Palladio Herbal Precision Eyeliners
(retail: $6)

Please note: There will be six shades in this range--I received three for review.


Palladio Herbal Precision Lipliners
(retail: $6)

Please note: there will be six lipliners in this range--I received two for review.


From Palladio:

Precision Eye and Lip Liners (retail: $6)
Introducing, Palladio’s all new Precision Eye and Lip Liners! Unlike traditional cosmetic pencils made from wax, these unique, silicone-based liners offer optional levels of color pigment with a gentle application. Easily achieve any style—from dramatic smoky effect to soft, everyday wear—on even the most sensitive eyelids. No need to seal with a powder as the formula sets itself in just 3 minutes, and lasts for up to 12 hours.

My preliminary thoughts on the Herbal Precision Eyeliners:

I LOVE them. They glide across my skin very easily, and as you can see in the pics above, the pigmentation is incredible. I think Black Onyx might very well be the blackest black liner I own, and I LOVE it for my waterline (I'll show you a pic of how it looks on the waterline a little later in this post). So far, I have experienced excellent staying power and blendability with these eyeliners. They last all day and night on my upper lid, with very minimal smudging/fading on my lower lid.

My preliminary thoughts on the Herbal Precision Lipliners:

If you're a longtime reader of this blog, you know that lipliners don't play a big role in my makeup routine. I just prefer not to wear lipliner, but if I did, I would reach for these. They are SO creamy, and I've been really enjoying wearing them on my lips--especially as an overall lip color. I love that they're creamy, yet they have a very pigmented, matte look to them on my lips. I don't find them drying in the slightest, and I don't even find that I need to use a lip balm beforehand if I'm going to fill my lips in completely with these liners. And they have great staying power so far--I can get almost six hours of wear before I start to see minimal fading.

Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Quads
(retail: $8)

Please note: there will be six quads in this range--I received three for review.

All of the following shadows were swatched without primer:

Green to Go

Blue Suede

Smokey Eyes

From Palladio:
Herbal Eye Shadow Quads (retail: $8)
Enhance and intensify your eyes with six beautiful and highly-pigmented Eyeshadow Quads. Each color combination has been customized by a team of Makeup Artists, to suit both the sophisticated and ostentatious makeup lovers. Compacts come in an array of matte and shimmery shades that can be used year-round. (Dual, sponge-tip applicator included.)

My preliminary thoughts on the Herbal Eyeshadow Quads:

Right off the bat, I love the look and feel of these quads when I hold them in my hands. The packaging is substantial and it does not feel flimsy or cheap in the slightest--they actually feel like quads that would retail for double the price.

I am quite impressed with the level of pigmentation of these shadows. As I mentioned above, I swatched these quads without primer, and the colors were silky, smooth, and highly pigmented. I have experienced no crumbling or spotty application whatsoever. Matte eyeshadow lovers might be pleased to hear that I find the quality of the mattes in this collection to be right up with with my favorite higher end brands (Bobbi Brown and Urban Decay). The matte white in the Smokey Eyes Quad is pure heaven to work with and, even though there is some shimmer/sparkle to the Smokey Eyes quad, it's quite subtle and I think matte lovers will enjoy the looks you can achieve:


In the above pics, I used all four colors in the Smokey Eyes Quad, without any primer beforehand. I really enjoy the softness of these colors without primer--the silvery-taupe is a beautiful lid color and I LOVE using the matte white for the inside corners of my eyes.

I'd also like to point out that these shadows contain shea butter and jojoba seed oil, which I think really contributes to their silky texture. They're also paraben-free.

I used the Herbal Precision Eyeliner in Purple Haze to line my eyes in the above pics, with Black Onyx on my waterline. Like I mentioned earlier, I love these new liners, and I really love Black Onyx on my waterline. It seems to last longer on my waterline than the other black liners I currently use for that purpose.

I hope you enjoyed my preliminary thoughts on these new offerings from Palladio, and please check back soon because I've got a few more of Palladio's new spring releases to share with you that I did not cover in this post.

Are you a Palladio fan? Are you excited to try any of these new products?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Gosh ive got to get that black liner. Its looks so good! I have a 15% off coupon for sallys since i spent $25 last month. Hopefully these will come out by the end of the month. I need to get some more colors in the tinted lip balm also. I have bronzey pink, and golden pink, but id like to try cotton candy and naturally bronze. I will definetly be heading to Sally's soon. Thanks! As soon as you find out when these will be availiable please let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the palettes look A LOT like the wet'n'wild 8 pans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really rather impressed with your swatches. The pigmentation on these looks great, especially the eyeliners, which I think I might have to get my hands on. Thank you for the review; honestly, I probably wouldn't have looked at these otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ashwillis: I think you might love these liners, sweetie! And yay for having a coupon! I will definitely let you know as soon as I find out when these are available. :D

    thismakeupgirl: You know, I thought that at first too! But since I own all the WnW 8-pans, I was able to compare and there are definitely differences in the shades, although the color families are very similar. For instance, the taupe in the Palladio palette is not similar to anything in the WnW 8-pans, and it's not a match for the taupe in the WnW trio either. Hope that helps!

    Michelle: You are so welcome. I think you might love these liners--if you try them, I'd love to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this! I really want to try it. Last time when I went, I was looking through them but it didn't have much of a selection for me to choose so I passed up on it. Maybe I'll go to a different Sally's Beauty to check them out =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered their herbal shadow primer and love it! Thanks for the great review G! I can't wait pick up these new goodies. Purple Haze is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love Palladio makeup. I really love their lip liners. They have great longevity.

    Your photos do make the liners look creamy. I think I'll like that Purple Haze as well. I think I'll blend it over the top of the black.

    Great review and looking forward to the other colors in these collections.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you said you would let us know when these would be available. But do you think they will be by the end of April?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Quads look a lot like the Maybelline EyeStudio quads with considerably less shimmer.
    Can't wait to visit Sally's for a closer look. The eyeliners seem promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally going to try the black liner! Also I love the Blue Suede quad! Might just have to pick these up one for my daughter's easter basket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bought Blue Suede at Sallys today - also another quad called Tantalizing Taupes. I forgot to look for the eyeliners ( I guess I will have to go back!) - I did buy lip stains and lip glosses (which I love).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I called my Sally's and they said they are carrying these products. So im gonna head out to get some liners.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to Sallys and they did already have these products in stock so i picked up the black liner. Ill try it out and might go back to get some more.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig