Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 28, 2011

Possible dupes in the LE Wet n Wild The Gilded Age eyeshadow trio

If you caught my posts a few days about the new Wet n Wild limited edition Summer 2011 collections, you know that I went bonkers over Go for the Gold, which contains a lovely Color Icon eyeshadow trio called The Gilded Age. And if you read that post, you know I was convinced that these shades were dupes of some MAC shades.

Well, after hours of swatching, I found the two MAC shades that I think most closely resemble the middle and third shades in The Gilded Age (I'm pretty sure that the top shade is a dupe for Stila Kitten, although I seem to have misplaced my Stila Kitten so I cannot confirm that).



Enlarge the above photo to get a better idea of these shades. 

While not spot-on dupes, I believe that MAC Sable, which is a lovely brown with red undertones, is in the same ballpark at the brown shade in the WnW trio, which also has a red undertone to it (in natural light).

MAC Romp has a gold shimmer to it that closely resembles the shimmer in the gold shade in the WnW trio.

And here's the gold shade in the WnW trio next to Urban Decay Smog:


Again, this is not a spot-on dupe, but it's interesting that the gold shimmer in UD Smog is nearly identical to the shimmer in the gold shade in the WnW trio. Obviously, both UD Smog and MAC Romp are more multi-dimensional eyeshadows but, in person, the gold shade in the Wet n Wild trio is richer and deeper than it appears in my swatches. I would never turn my nose to it, that's for darn sure.

If anything, I hope this post gives you a better perspective on the Wet n Wild trio! Maybe this will help you determine whether you'll want to stalk your drugstores looking for this display when it hits stores next month. 

Since the shades appeal to me so much, I definitely want a back-up of The Gilded Age because I know for a fact I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of this trio. I actually haven't worn any other shadows since I received this trio for review. For $2.99, it's pretty spectacular if you're drawn to browns and golds and I would highly recommend a purchase if you spot it.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. G, are they available at all the drugstores? or just walgreens/walmart like the 8-pan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very close,I have the UD naked palette but I also want this! cant wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im on it! Wag should know me by name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing dupes, Wet N Wild does it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are great alternatives for the MAC shadows. They're all pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great find and comparison..this is so very insteresting..especially the fact that wnw has a simlar sheen to the UD..wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will these be released in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I like how the gold swatch looks. I actually love gold colors but because of my skintone, my eyes would look darker with warm tone gold (brown/copper etc is a no no for me). Golds that are more yellow are perfect for me! I hope they come to Canada since I still haven't seen the WnW Bloom collection :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to get it to compare...I have a feeling the middle color might be a dupe for MAC mulch and the gold to MAC woodwinked. Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh these are so pretty.G, do you know what caertain drugstores will carry this LE collection. I never saw the Vanite or Bloom collection:-( Hopefully i will spot this one cause colors like this are my favorite. Sallys beauty has a pretty palette by Real Colors called counterfeit and i think some of the shades are similar to the UD naked palette. The palettes look like the Milani Runway Eyes palettes. But they look so pretty. The liners by Real Colors are real good so im thinking about trying a few of those shadow palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I always want to buy gold shadows but they don't look good with my skin and hair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. devilishgorgeous and ashwillis83: This collection, as well as the other LE summer collections, are not going to be like the 8-pans, since those are core collection items but exclusive to Walgreens. These LE collections are like all the other WnW LE collections, meaning it's up to each individual drugstore as to whether or not they decide to feature them. So, unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly which drugstores in your area will offer them--it's really anybody's guess. My best advice would be to check the drugstores in your area that are known for offering WnW LE collections, and hopefully they have them there. In my area, Rite Aid usually offers the biggest assortment of LE WnW collections each season, but I know that in other areas, Walgreens carries more of them. So...I'm afraid that's the only info I can give you. Sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of Wags had the Eyeshadow palettes back at christmas but the other location did not. I guess i can call and keep checking. Hopefully they will carry this. They never had the Bloom or Vanite collections.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this G! :) Can't wait to get my hands on them!

    I immediately thought that the 1st WnW shade looked very similar to MACs Satin Taupe and the 2nd WnW shade looks similar to MACs Woodwinked! ;)

    Thanks, again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome G! I cant wait to pick this up, such lovely colors!! YAY!! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't been able to find this trio anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig