Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 20, 2010

My Sally Beauty Black Friday Haul

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, because I know that everyone likes haul pics!

When Sally Beauty was offering free shipping and 25% off all online orders on Black Friday, I decided to place a little order for some things that I'd been needing and wanting. I'm pretty excited about what I got, so I'd like to share it with you:


From left to right:

China Glaze For Audrey: $4.49 (Sally Club Member price). I'm probably the last nail polish lover in the world to own this polish! I've been wanting it for so long that I can't believe it's actually mine now!

California Mango Mend: $7.49 (Sally Club Member price). I've read a zillion reviews for this little miracle balm, so I figured it was finally time to buy the darned thing and see for myself what it can do. Before you say anything, yes, I know it's supposed to be greasy, but I don't care. If it can help my poor dry hands and feet, I'll deal with the grease!

Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Thinner: $3.49 (Sally Club Member price). This is a staple for me. I have so many polishes that chances are, at any given time, some of them are drying up and becoming way too thick to work with. When I add a couple drops of this stuff to my thick, goopy polishes, they're as good as new after a few shakes. I've brought back to life some impossibly old polishes with this stuff. Love it, and one bottle lasts forever.

Gelous Base Coat: $4.99 (Sally Club Member price). I've been seeing people mention this base coat a lot lately, and even though I love love love my Orly Bonder, I'm always on the quest for the next new thing (I can't help myself!). There is a small handful of polish formulas that don't seem to work well with Bonder on my nails, so I'm hoping that this will be the base coat to finally make Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes last longer than a few hours on my nails.

The subtotal on this order was $20.46. After the 25% discount it came out to $15.34 before tax. And of course the shipping was FREE!

If I had paid full price for each item (without being a Sally member) the total without the 25% discount would have been $22.96. And of course if I had ordered on a regular day I would have had to have paid for shipping too. So, all in all, not a bad deal!


Did you take advantage of the Sally Beauty Black Friday promotion? If so, what did you get? Also, if you'd like me to review any of the products I purchased, just leave a comment and let me know. I'd be happy to!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I didn't take advantage of the sale, but I wanted to tell you that I own all of the products you got, LOL! I actually wore For Audrey on my toes for my "something blue" for my wedding last year! :) And Mango Mend...can you say YUMMMM?! It reminds me of a tropical vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mango Mend is awesome!!! You will love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going to try the nail polish thinner. I have so many nail polishes that I haven't used in a while so they might be a little goopy. 0_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered a the china glaze merry mint gift set ($5.99 with card) plus I had a $5 new member coupon =] so I spent a total of $1.08 (free shipping, tax included and w/out the 25% off)

    then i made another order for two bottles of seche vite top coat that were on sale for $4.49 each that day with the sally card! then used the 25% off and free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I just purchased the thinner recently. It is totally saving a ton of my polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also ordered from Sally's on black friday. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything, they cancelled my order without telling me. I feel very different about Sally's now :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't order anything from the black friday sale, but I looooove the polish thinner and I just bought a bottle of the gelous base coat the other day and am going to try it out tonight! For Audrey is something I always mean to get, but haven't yet. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be very interested in your reviewing the Mango Mend and Gelous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a lot of good things about gelous and mango mend also. I really want to know what you think before I buy them. I've come to rely on your opinion so much that I hardly buy anything that you haven't recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finishing up my Xmas shopping online I made a purchase through a website I've used for years Ebates.com. A large variety of dealers offer discounts or a percentage of cash back and after reaching a minimum, I believe $10?, they send you a check for all the rebates. Sally Beauty is a part of that site and might make for increased savings at a future date. I only glance through tonight to see it. Hope this helps you and other readers at some point. Have a great 2011 with much to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wore For Audrey last week and realize it is time for a new bottle! I love it that much that its one of the few colors that I actually use up! Hope you love as much as I do! Also was wondering about thinner and if it really works, I think I will invest in this at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found a whole bunch of old nail polishes. I NEED that nail polish thinner! LOL I have always wondered if they made something like that. Thank you for letting me know they have it at SBS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. JenJen: OMG, how funny that you own all of these things! And what a beautiful way (and reason) to wear For Audrey! I LOVE that. :)

    Tropical Mind: Guess what? I've only used it 3x so far but you're totally right. I do love it!

    Miss Tapia: Oh honey, it's a lifesaver! Keep me posted if you try it! :)

    Veronica: Nice hauls! I love how you worked those sales and codes! Congrats! :)

    Giselle: OMG I am SO sorry to hear that. You know, after I read your comment, I realized something. I also ordered some acetone, and it didn't arrive in my package. I went to check the packing slip, and in fine print at the bottom it said that the acetone did not ship. They didn't charge me for it, but still--they should have sent me an email telling me I wasn't going to ever get that item. I don't like that one bit. So...I'm sorry to hear of your story as well. That's not right at all. :)

    Hana: Glad you like the thinner too! And yes, I think it's time you got For Audrey. It's truly stunning in person. :)

    beautyarcade: Will do! Thank you, honey!

    Jessi: You are an absolute doll for that. Thank you so much for having faith in me! I hope that I never steer you wrong!! I'll definitely review those times in the weeks to come. xoxo

    Suz: SO nice to hear from you, sweetheart! You know, I signed up for Ebates a long time ago but I hardly ever order online, so when I do, I completely forget to use it. AND I didn't even know Sally was on ebates! So thank you for that, and I hope your holidays are as wonderful as you are. xo

    robin: WOW, that really says something about this color! I don't think I've ever used up a bottle of nail polish--so I guess that only confirms just how amazing For Audrey is. Thanks so much for sharing! Oh and yes, definitely invest in some thinner! :)

    Katie: You are so welcome! This thinner is worth every penny! I can't tell you how much it brings back to life my old polishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig