Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mr G's Spanish Adventures...

I feel so very international today. First I show you my swap with A beauty junkie in London, and now I'd like to show you some beautiful pictures of Spain.

My boyfriend, the wonderful "Mr. G.", is currently touring the Spanish countryside, and he's sending me photos every single day. Each one is more beautiful than the next, but there's one in particular that really got me excited:


He told me he purchased some things for me here, at the perfumeria, but he wants them to be a surprise so he won't tell me exactly what he got. I cannot tell you how excited I am to get his package!

Also, he asked me if there was anything specific that I would like from Spain, so you know I said, "Get me some Spanish drugstore beauty products!" Well, that was easier said than done, because he doesn't have the slightest clue as to what's popular in the drugstore-beauty scene of Spain (and neither do I!).

Luckily, I asked my Twitter followers if they knew of any Spanish beauty bloggers who speak English, and the following story is proof of the amazing international power of Twitter:

The beautiful Stavroula of Drugstore & Bargain Lover, who lives in Athens, Greece, put me in touch with the lovely Spanish beauty blogger Cantanya, of Cantanya's Things. Cantanya was SO helpful and gave me a fabulous list of must-have Spanish drugstore beauty products! I just think it's amazing that a wonderful Greek beauty blogger was able to put me in touch with a wonderful Spanish beauty blogger, and this all happened within minutes of sending out my tweet. Twitter is truly amazing. Thanks so much to BOTH of you fabulous ladies!

So now Mr. G is on the hunt for these products--I'll be sure to review them all if/when he finds them and sends them to me.

Now I'd just like to share with you some more photos of Spain that Mr. G just sent to me. They're so breathtaking--I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!








On the off chance that any of you reading this know of some must-have Spanish beauty products, I would LOVE to hear from you! Have you been to Spain? If so, I'd love to hear about it! I am so jealous--I would love to visit someday.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. WOW thats beautiful! Can't wait to see what you got!! Spain is on my bucketlist so maybe i will have to check out some of your goods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samysalsa: That's a very nice choice for your bucket list. :) And yeah, I can't wait to see what I get either! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! ooooooooooh the suspense of new spanish products! :p Such a sweet Mr. G!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Mr. G can find Macedonia Soap, you want some. Heck, I'd kill for some. It's a clearish glycerine soap with opaque chunks floating in it. It lathers like a dream and smells like fruity heaven. My mom used to use it for special occasions and I've been searching for it for years to no avail. Apparently, it's only made in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm studying abroad there this summer! so excited. i'll come back with a whole suitcase just for beauty products! amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi G.

    I'm from Spain and I'd recommend you tell Mr G. to look for a Mercadona supermarket and just go crazy in the beauty section!

    Spanish bloggers and 'just regular people' like myself are extremely impressed with their own brand products. I especially like their olive oil body cream. And it's super cheap: 1'60€!

    Can't wait to see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting for both of you! Lucky him to have the opportunity and lucky you to benefit from it to! I imagine it's for business? I hope he's home for Christmas to be with you!
    I've never been to Spain, but of course would love to go.
    Can't wait to see what you got.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. What a sweetie to pick you up stuff from Europe!

    2. May I ask what city (cities) he's in? It looks so familiar to near where my grandparents live!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great boyfriend to go out and look for beauty products for you!!! I hope he picks out some wonderful things for you! Along time ago friends brought me back some beautiful soaps from spain and the packaging and beauty and scent was amazing I never used it just tucked it in my lingerie drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies SOOOOO much for all the sweet comments and for the FANTASTIC recommendations! I emailed Mr. G and gave him the names of everything you mentioned, so if he finds them and sends them to me, I will definitely post a review and give you full credit! You guys are amazing--I cannot thank you enough. :) xo

    PS: Michelle, I believe those pics were taken in San Sebastian or somewhere near the border of France. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig