Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 30, 2010

NOTD: Hard Candy Mr. Wrong + Wet n Wild Mystic Blue

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE you, my wonderful readers? You always give me the best advice, tips and suggestions for new products and looks. In fact, some of you even give me great ideas for how to use existing products that I already own, which is exactly what happened recently when my lovely, longtime reader Michelle emailed me to tell me that she tried layering my beloved Hard Candy Mr. Wrong over a dark blue polish and she loved the results. How incredibly sweet of her to remember how much I love Mr. Wrong (heh, don't we always love the Mr. Wrongs of the world?) and then take the time to let me know how great it looks layered over dark blue.  Huge thanks, Michelle, because I am just loving this combo!

I think any dark blue would work, but for this mani I used the Limited Edition Wet n Wild shade Mystic Blue from the Insomnia collection.  This is a pretty opaque blue, so I just used one coat of it, and then I topped it with one coat of Mr. Wrong (apologies for the sloppy application but I was in a hurry when I did this--next time I wear this combo I will definitely take my time and use two coats of each polish):



The above two pics were taken indoors with flash, and if you enlarge them, you can see how the dark blue underneath really brings out the gold and silver microglitter in Mr. Wrong. I also love how it enhances the purple undertones in Mr. Wrong as well. It's weird because I've seen so many swatches of Mr. Wrong over the past year, and on some people it really leans purple. But on me, Mr. Wrong really leans toward silver (as you can see in these pics from last October--wow has it really been a year since this color came out??). So anyway, I love that more of the purple comes through when I layer it over this dark blue.



These two pics were taken under fluorescent lighting without flash. It's so cool because, under this type of lighting, Mr. Wrong looks like a thin coat of foil on my nails, with the blue underneath peeking through.

So, have you used Mr. Wrong for layering? If so, what shades do you use underneath? Have you ever tried it underneath a dark blue? If not, I definitely think you should give it a shot. It's gorgeous! (And thanks again, Michelle, for the idea!).
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow that is a gorgeous combination! I love how right Mr. Wrong is. It's such a gorgeous color I have yet to get my hands on. I must find this polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Wrong is gorge. totally try a silver/gold chrome polish underneath and show us thanks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks neat! I have Mr. Wrong and like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie: Thank you! And girlie, you NEEEED this one! :D

    Amelia: I totally agree--it's beautiful, isn't it? If I try your idea, I'll definitely post some pics. :)

    Phyrra: Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, I just ~HAD~ to go find Mr. Wrong and wow, LOVE it! I put it over OPI 'You Don't Know Jacques' and it gives off a beautiful gold shimmer... so pretty! Thanks G for another great product review!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig