Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday thoughts...


I was surprised, but then not surprised, by the responses to this Wednesday's question about drugstore foundations.

Here's what didn't surprise me: the clear winner was Revlon ColorStay. It's a fantastic foundation for those of us who prefer medium-to-full coverage, and it's also fantastic for all skin types since there's a dry skin formula and also an oily skin formula. If I were more of a liquid foundation gal (my favorite formula is powder) then I think ColorStay would be my choice as well.

But here's what surprised me: the second most popular choice was L'Oreal True Match. Wow! Would you believe I've never even tried True Match before? I have a hard time finding a good match for my skintone with L'Oreal foundations, but I think I might need to give this one a shot now.

Other honorable mentions that received a few votes: Cover Girl Simply Ageless (I love the blush from this line so I might have to try the foundation), Rimmel Lasting Finish and Maybelline Dream Mousse.

Big thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a response to this week's question. I LOVE reading your answers and they always give me great ideas about what products to try and review in the future. You all are so detailed and helpful in your responses--I can't thank you enough!

So do you agree? Would you wear Revlon ColorStay for the rest of this year (if you had to)? If not, did your favorite drugstore foundation make the cut? If not, let me know what brand you love!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I think all the top drugstore foundations made it! I love colorstay, dream liquid mousse, and I have a feeling I would like Rimmel lasting finish if it came in a color light enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rimmels foundation, I picked it up during the CVS sale and it was kind of dark for my skin, but as soon as I got a bit tan it was a perfect match. :)

    I'm gonna have to try Revlon's now, so many people rave about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely just use Colorstay.

    Without a doubt.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try the Colorstay if I can find a good match. I have an olive undertone that's not easy to match. Will see. . .


    dahlila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revlon seems kind of on the expensive side for a drugstore brand, and no matter how great the product is, I know the lightest shade would be too dark for me. :( If they came in shades for me, maybe I would consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, I think the Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin liquid formula is really great. It's still too dark, but it's got the lightest shade (Ivory) I've found in the drugstore. You can see that even just holding bottles up together to compare.

    Very good quality formula, feels great on, and comparatively cheaper than other brands, especially with coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried colour stay...haha...ive tried the photo ready from Revlon and love it.
    Maricela
    vividfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It just makes me sad that all drugstore foundations are too dark for my complexion :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. it seems like many of us have trouble finding shades that are light enough. i'd like to try to rimmel foundations, but they're all too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm...interesting! I've never tried the Revlon ColorStay but I do love the Loreal True Match foundation, the concealer AND the powder. Whew!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig