Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 30, 2010

Mad Men Nail Polish: coming to CVS and Duane Reade!


Of all the pretty nail polish collections I've seen released over the years, I cannot think of one that I am more excited to see in person than this:

(From WWD)

AND NOW THE ‘MAD MEN’ NAIL POLISH: Janie Bryant must barely have time to take a breath these days. On top of working on the television show that’s all the rage, a book and a clothing collection for QVC, the “Mad Men” costume designer has partnered with Huntington Beach, Calif.-based nail polish brand Nailtini on four limited edition nail lacquers for fall. Bryant said she was inspired by fabrics used in cocktail dresses during the “Mad Men” era — velvets, satins and lamés — when creating the colors, which are a brown, gold, platinum and iridescent shade called Bourbon Satin, French 75, Deauville and Stinger, respectively. Michelle Toma Olson, founder of Nailtini, is hopeful Bryant will team up with Nailtini on a spring collection as well, but well before then the $14 fall polishes will hit CVS’ Beauty 360 and Duane Reade’s Look stores.

Mad Men is one of my favorite TV shows and I adore the 60s style of all the characters. So naturally I am thrilled to see that their style has inspired a polish collection and I am counting the minutes until I can see these shades for myself. Unfortunately I do not have a CVS Beauty 360 near me, but since you can order online (and CVS often runs sales and promotions for their Beauty 360 site) hopefully I'll be able to order a few of these shades and not break the bank (the $14 price tag per bottle is outside my comfort zone but I will have to make an exception for these).

By the way, are any of you familiar with the brand that's releasing these shades, Nailtini? I just looked at their website and I am intrigued by the concept. They offer a variety of shades, and then you can also purchase "Mixer" nail colors that are designed to darken or lighten existing shades. Sounds fun!

Are you a Mad Men fan? Are you as excited as I am to see this collection?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I'm sooooo excited! Mad Men is my favorite show!! But $14 per bottle...yikes! I might have to splurge at least for one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bought Nailtini on QVC before - they are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw if you like Mad Men, you GOTTA check this site out:

    http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/search/label/Mad%20Men?max-results=15

    the site analyses the show, the styles, and so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mad Men is my favorite tv show. $14 is CAAARAZYEEEEE for a pricepoint. I may have to p/u @ least one shade for posterity's sake. Thanks for sharing! Saving my pennies now! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig