Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 13, 2010

San Diego readers! I've got some great deals for ya!

(I was going to insert a random, generic "postcard" picture of San Diego here, but I thought it might be more fun to just open my front door and snap a pic of the first thing I saw. When I opened my front door literally just a few minutes ago, a rush of warm air hit me and I looked up into the sky and saw just the tiniest trace of clouds. So, I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, but the weather in San Diego is GORGEOUS today, and this was the best pic I could take to represent that.)

Apologies to those who are not in San Diego, but lately I've uncovered some fantastic SD-specific deals that I just can't keep to myself anymore, so for all you SD gals, here ya go!

1) Did you know that there is a "Bulldog Edition" of the Union-Tribune that comes out on Saturdays? It's basically the Sunday paper, released on Saturday, and it includes ALL of the coupons that are in the Sunday paper. But here's the BEST PART: local Dollar Trees carry the Bulldog Edition of the paper on Saturdays and, because it's at Dollar Tree, they sell it for just ONE DOLLAR (instead of $2 like everywhere else). So be sure you hit up your local Dollar Tree this Saturday and grab your coupons early. You can buy two copies for the price of one, so it's literally like a BOGOFREE for the Sunday paper (and all the coupons, of course!).

2) Huge thanks to the beautiful Shela over at Confessions of a Beauty Guru for this awesome tidbit. Did you know that there is a beauty supply store in San Diego that sells OPI polishes (and not just the core collection but new collections too) for just $4 each?? Yep, click here for the deets. Great find, Shela!

3) Speaking of beauty supply stores, I want to let you know that so far, the biggest selection of Jordana nail polishes in San Diego has to be at OK Beauty Supply, located at 5911 University Ave. a few miles away from SDSU. They have a huge display, as well as seasonal collections, and they're all just $1.99 a bottle. I love the formula of these polishes and they're Big Three Free as well. This beauty supply also has the most extensive collection of Queen Helene products I have ever seen (dozens and dozens of different products I never even knew existed!).

4) If you're looking for the Sally Hansen Tracy Reese Limited Edition polish display, I've spotted it at several Walgreens and Rite Aid locations around San Diego, just FYI. :)

5) I know I just talked about this the other day, but seriously, if you're in San Diego and you haven't yet hit up Daiso (the Japanese dollar stored owned by Marukai) you neeeed to get your booties over there! You will go crazy, there are so many cute things to see and buy. Their beauty section alone is totally amazing, but the stationary, housewares, and gift wrap aisles are loaded with fun things as well, and most items are just $1.98 each. Click here for more info.

6) Not beauty related but I don't care: have you tried Eclipse Chocolates yet? They are locally made (in an environmentally-conscious facility) and they have to be the most divine chocolates I have ever tasted. They have a cafe located on El Cajon Blvd (between Alabama and Texas) or you can just pick up a few goodies to go. Just take a look at the flavors of their chocolate bars. They totally speak for themselves.

That's it for now, but if you're in San Diego and you have a great beauty-related tip for the rest of us SD gals, PLEASE leave a comment on this post. Thanks!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. ok i really need your help and any one else who wants to chip in: what is the best curling iron out there that i can get at target or walmart and places like that? i need it for my prom look! thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. news flash! CVS is having a huge 75% off makeup sale right now! L'Oreal, Mabeline, Revlon, Milani. And I finally found the Sally Nail polish for %75 off too! It was a total score! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Nice to see some San Diego specific deals. Though Im not much of a nail color girl, I need to check out Daiso. Also do you know Eclipse does chocolate themed dinners?..Every course has chocolate in it..Havent been to one yet but definitely sounded interesting.
    Not related to drug store deals, but could you suggest a good hair stylist in SD. I have hair similar to your. Long, Oily at the roots, dry at the ends, Wavy. I need a haircut badly and cant decide where to go!!

    Thanks!
    Shriya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jakeline: OMG, I so wish I could help you but I seriously I haven't purchased a curling iron in probably 15 years! lol! I have NO clue what brands are good these days, but hopefully someone reading this can help! Oh! I just thought of something--ask Anthony! Leave a comment on his blog and I bet he'll have a good suggestion. His blog is is in my blogroll (The Art & Science of Beauty). :)

    Taj Acosta: OMG, I FINALLY spotted this sale today!! I can't believe they're doing it again since they just did this at the beginning of the year! I'm planning a HUGE post (with pics) tomorrow, so please check back, ok? :)

    Shriya: Thanks so much for the heads-up about Eclipse! I will DEFINITELY be looking into that. :) And as for a good hair stylist in SD, I WISH I HAD ONE! Would you believe that I have been looking for a good stylist for my hair type for about oh...TWO YEARS now? Seriously, ever since my hair stylist moved away, I have tried probably a dozen different salons and stylists and I haven't been able to find even ONE that I would go back to. They always say they know how to work with wavy long hair, but they always end up giving me a cut that ends up looking like a mullet. Either that, or after they're done cutting my hair, they automatically reach for the flat iron, and I always say, "I never, ever flat iron my hair. I wear it wavy." and they end up saying something like, "Well, I'm just going to flat iron it this time and you'll probably end up loving it." And I always say, "No! I want my hair wavy!" Argh! I don't know why it's so hard to cut long layers into wavy hair, but I just cannot find anyone who can do it without it looking super funky. I miss my old stylist so much! Waaaah! If I ever find another one to replace her, I will post it about, for sure. Until then, if you find one, could you let me know? lol! Thanks honey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hear you on the reaching out for the flat iron part. I for most part tend to avoid hair dryers, curling irons or straighteners. Luckily for me i love my wavy hair and I dont understand y it is so difficult to get that!!..Hopefully someone on this blog will have suggestions for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOOVE you for being in SD :) yaaay. i always wondered if there were coupons in the newspaper they sold at dollar tree.. thanks! and def will check out those beauty supply stores + daiso real soon! love daiso!

    & thank you @Taj Acosta for the heads up on the cvs sale! yay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shriya: I'm so glad I'm not alone in my anti-flat iron approach to styling my hair! :D And yes, I really, really hope someone can help us both! :)

    ellenbaby: Oh yes, definitely grab that Bulldog Edition from Dollar Tree tomorrow, honey! And YAY for Daiso! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of Queen Helene...You can get a coupon for $1.00 off any Queen Helene product by following the link below. Pass it on to friends. Enjoy!

    www.bit.ly/QH_Coupon

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig