Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, January 16, 2010

What are the hot flavors and fragrances for 2010?






I always take prediction lists with a grain of salt, but this one caught my eye because it was compiled by Bell Flavors & Fragrances, which is a privately-held company that's been around since 1912 and "develops products for the food, beverage, cosmetic, personal care, and household care companies throughout the world." In other words, I'm willing to bet that A LOT of the cosmetics, foods, and household goods we use on a daily basis have their fragrances and/or flavors created and supplied by Bell.

So when Bell makes a list of the top ten notes/accords that they think will be huge in 2010, I listen. So let's consider this our first-look at the big fragrance and flavor trends of the year!

From Happi.com:

Bell Flavors and Fragrances has once again revealed its top 10 fragrance notes/accords for 2010. They are:

1. Grapefruit Rhubarb Rose
2. Seashore Driftwood
3. White Amber/Patchouli
4. Mahogany Vetiver
5. Absinthe
6. Mandarin/Orange Blossom
7. Mojito
8. Woody Iris
9. Satin Wood
10. Szechwan Pepper


Now keep in mind, Bell creates flavors and fragrances for the food industry, cosmetic industry and household product industry. So don't look at this list and assume we'll start to see Szechwan Pepper lipgloss anytime soon (ouch!). I'm assuming Szechwan Pepper is going to be popular in products like potato chips (I think I've already seen a few brands that carry this flavor). But as for fragrance? I am the MOST excited about Grapefruit Rhubarb Rose. I love any type of citrus when it's blended with rose, and I love, love, love me some rhubard (I'm a sucker for anything tart and tangy). Also, I love the Mint Mojito flavor Orbit Gum, so I'd be happy to see mojito in other products (Suave, Dove, Tone, Soft Soap, St. Ives, could one of you PLEASE make a mojito body wash? Pretty please?).

Are they any trends on this list that you're excited to see more of in the marketplace this year? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Oh, interesting! Grapefruit Rhubarb Rose sounds so nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything grapefruit smells yummy to me...also absinthe? what's that going to be like?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Szechuan pepper?! Are you serious?! Yum Yum..reminds me of the food I had as a kid!

    I love the orange blossom accord though, I LOVE it, so I'm so glad to see its one of the top 10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nea: I totally, totally agree. :) xo

    Tiff: I have sniffed some perfumes with an absinthe note and it's kind of boozy and a little bit heavy but interesting at the same time. So hard to describe, but it actually smells exactly like you would think. lol!! xo

    Musicalhouses: I know, it's crazy that it's becoming so popular, and I LOVE it. lol. And I totally agree--orange blossom is sooo lovely. I could sniff it all day long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i too love the Orbit Mojito gum. only it's not easy to find; my CVS routinely has it in stock but other than that i never see it. (i never even had a mojito until after getting hooked on the gum!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifulmonday: We seem to have a lot in common these days! :) I freaking love that gum so much--but I agree, it's becoming harder and harder to find (isn't that the case with everything that's awesome?). Oh and don't get me started on the real mojitos. Yum yum! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! Mojito bodywash! Mojito shampoo!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig