Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 22, 2010

Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Lipsticks from BeautyTicket.com

Continuing "Lip Day" at Nouveau Cheap, I am delighted to show you all one of the Smashbox Photo Finish Lipsticks that are currently available at everyone's favorite budget-friendly place to get high-end beauty products, BeautyTicket.com. Smashbox Photo Finish Lipsticks normally retail for $22 a piece, but at BeautyTicket? No way. Try $8.99.

The ladies at BeautyTicket were kind enough to send me one of the Smashbox Photo Finish lipsticks recently and I was more than excited to try it since I've been wanting one of these for so so so long now. 

Naturally, I wanted the pinky-brown shade (if you're new to Nouveau Cheap, my weakness is pinky-brown lippies), called Magnificent.  It's been my experience that the swatches on BeautyTicket.com rarely let me down--I wanted a pinky-brown and that's exactly what  I got. Yay!


Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick in Magnificent





This photo really doesn't do the color or packaging justice. Let me just say that the color is even prettier in real life, and the packaging? Stunning. It's a sleek metallic tube that's nice and sturdy without being clunky or too heavy.

I tried and tried to get an accurate photo of me wearing "Magnificent" but the shade, thanks to my camera, was way off. I was able to get a good swatch on my hand though:



This is one of those bright and cheery pinky-browns that instantly gives your face a nice glow when you put it on. Love it!

Now let's talk about the texture.  Man, this is one cushiony lipstick! It feels sooo nice on the lips--it glides on like butta. This is a sheer lipstick, but don't be fooled because it packs a lot of pigment. Also, it's got a beautiful, satiny-shiny finish. Honestly, if you like the texture and look of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks, I think you will LOVE these.

BTW, the fragrance is yummy vanilla, and I am loving the flavor. To me, it tastes like a vanilla milkshake!

BeautyTicket.com currently has five versatile shades available on their website, and guess what? These lippies are also a gift-with-purchase if your order totals $50 or more! So if you've been meaning to haul some goodies at BeautyTicket, definitely put one of these babies in your cart (click here for details).

Do you currently own a Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Also, because of the insane price, luxurious texture and beautiful color of this lipstick, I'm proud to say that Smashbox Photo Finish Lipsticks at BeautyTicket.com get my ultimate stamp of approval:


Congrats, BeautyTicket, these lippies are the Bargain of the Day!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. pretty color! I love finding high end cosmetics with bargain prices :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig