Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fantastic Revlon deal at CVS (and a Walgreens secret)


Just wanted to make sure you guys all knew that beginning this Sunday, Jan. 24th, if you buy $15 worth of Revlon products, you'll get SEVEN Extra Bucks. SEVEN! That is huge, as you CVS shoppers already know. Most of the time you can only earn 2, 3, or 5 Extra Bucks at a time.

So really, if you have a favorite Revlon foundation, you can stock up and you're almost at 15 bucks right there!

Also, I want to thank one of my lovely readers for mentioning on one of my several CVS clearance posts that Saturday Night Shopping at CVS ROCKS! Are you aware that on Saturday nights, the previous week's sales are in effect AT THE SAME TIME that the upcoming week's sales begin? So for one brief period of time, you get two week's worth of sales at the same time! Awesome.

I also want to tell you Walgreens shoppers that the last time I was in Walgreens, I was talking to my very helpful Walgreens employee (and telling her about the CVS Saturday night thing) and she said, "Oh, we have that too!" She said that if you go into Walgreens between around 6 and 8pm on Saturday nights, that's when they usually put up the new sale signs for the upcoming week. They have to keep the previous week's sales valid in the system until midnight, so just like with CVS, you'll have two weeks of sales going at the same time. Cool! So the key to taking advantage of these deals is to jot down sale products you're interested in from both the previous and upcoming weeks, so you can get a great deal even if there's no sale sign next to the product.

Happy bargain hunting and if you hit up CVS or Walgreens tonight, please come back and let me know how it went!

PS: And don't forget to tune into the SAG Awards tonight and see which dress Christina Hendricks is wearing!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Thanks for the great info, Recessionista! I'm not sure if the Walgreens and CVS around me participate in the "2 weeks' worth of sales at once", but I will definitely check it out! Just a quick question though, is there any way we can find out about next week's sales without having to rely on the stickers? Because sometimes I find that not everything that is on sale for that week is marked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never ever knew that! Def. check it out... maybe even tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rita- check out iheartwags.com and also iheartcvs.com

    they always have flyers up for future weeks so you know what deals are going on. Also the chick(actually lady) at my cvs said that the deals with ECB won't print on Saturday if they are supposed to start on Sun..does that make sense? ..But all stores are different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got back from my first CVS journey so far!
    They had quite a bit of things on sale, but not everything had the 75% or 50% off sticker, and actually weren't discounted. (I'm in the northern NJ area.) They did have a ton of BOGO items though, esp. with Rimmel.
    I'm definitely not complaining though - I spent $40 and saved $70!

    I'll have a list of what I got up on my blog tonight, and hopefully I'll get some swatches up by tomorrow!
    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh have i got a drugstore scoop from you! From the beauty blogger Eva Chen at Teenvogue.com. so theres going to be a new line of tresemme products called "Fresh Start", its going to be in select walgreens and walmarts, with items like dry shampoo and a refreshing mist, more details on her post: http://www.teenvogue.com/beauty/blogs/beauty/2010/01/breaking-beauty-news-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita: I was going to say the same thing as Tiff! Definitely check out those two websites for info about CVS and Walgreens. There are other bloggers who also do a great job at posting the weekly deals too (which is why I never do--I just tend to post about super crazy deals that deserve extra recognition!). But those two websites Tiff mentioned are excellent resources. Hope that helps! :)

    ndoodles: Yay! I'd love to know what you get if go! :)

    Tiff: Thank you so much, honey! That was incredibly thoughtful (and helpful) of you! You totally read my mind. :)

    caseybby: Thanks for the great CVS clearance update! That is very interesting. I'm so surprised that your CVS location didn't have the same products on clearance as the others...I'm pretty much finding that there's just a slight variance from store to store, so I'm sorry that you didn't find the widespread 75% off products like others have found. What a bummer. :( But at least you still got some great goodies! :)

    colombianaj93: Oh wow, that IS great scoop! Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave that comment--a new dry shampoo that you can get at the drugstore is ALWAYS awesome to hear about. I can't wait to see these new products! I actually like a lot of Tresemme, even though I don't seem to mention them often here. Can't wait! Thanks again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a huuuuuge favor to ask. I believe I remember seeing in one of your posts about the clearances that you got a couple of the Physicians Formula Organic Wear lip glosses. I got one tonight and I'm not completely happy with it, but I think the color might just be too light for me.

    I was really hoping you could do a review of yours in the next few days. I'd especially love to see lip swatches. If you're not able to, don't worry about it. ^_^ Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Hana: I will try my best to accommodate your request but my schedule for posts this week is INSANE with all the new WnW stuff, etc. If I don't get a chance to post a review of those glosses, I can give you a mini-review right now: They're awesome! I love the texture and the color (very pigmented for a sheer gloss). I've been wearing Super Spice a lot, which is a warm coral-berryish shade. I also own Super Ginger but I'm scared to try it because I think it's going to be too light (I might actually take it back unopened because of this). But Super Spice is GORGEOUS and the texture and staying power are fantastic. Not much taste and/or fragrance either. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Ginger is the one I got and it really is too light. >.< After a couple minutes it looks somewhat better on me, but it's still rather frosty. I think I might just use it to lighten up dark lipsticks.

    I think I'll go back and get the Super Spice since you like it so much! My CVS still has masses of clearance stuff. Thanks so much for the mini-review! It really is a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog. It is so helpful!!! Would you mind reccomending a one of the bloggers that tells about the weekly deals :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hana: Yep, definitely try Super Spice. I wore it again yesterday and I'm truly in love with color--it especially looks great if you tend to wear a lot of peachy colored blushes (like me!). It really pairs well with peachy blushes and warm looks. Keep me posted, ok? xo

    Katy: Thank you so much!! There's a great blogger who posts the weekly drugstore deals and she's in my blog roll (on the right-hand sidebar). The blog is Makeup On the Cheap:

    http://makeuponthecheap.blogspot.com/

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig