Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 8, 2009

Super cool things to read this weekend


Time again for me to list my favorite posts of the past week from the blogs of the wonderful ladies you see on my Blog Roll (on the right-hand sidebar). Let's begin:

Without a doubt, my favorite post of the week comes from Beda's Beauty Blog. Click here to check out her in-depth (and quite scary) review of Revlon's new Double Twist Mascara (thanks for saving me $10, Beda!).

I don't know about you, but I love seeing how the packaging of global beauty products changes from country to country. Case-in-point, check out Beauty junkie London's post and see how cute Dove Aerosol Deodorant is in the UK vs. the boring version we get here in the US.

In my ongoing quest to find a replacement for my old, dated razor blades that will probably be discontinued soon, I am captivated by Bare Budget Beauty's review of the new Gillette Venus Embrace.

Once every year or so, I get tempted by the next new all-natural deodorant. Find out what happens when Afrobella takes Lavilin on a test run (I'm still sort of tempted).

Fragrance doesn't get more elegant or timeless than Chanel No. 5. Older Girl Beauty Blog gives us a sneak peek at the new ad campaign for this classic fragrance, featuring Audrey Tautou and directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (who directed Tautou in "Amélie"). Oooh, and we even get a video clip from behind the scenes!

The Mighty J's post of Kat Von D's True Romance Eyeshadow Palette made me salivate, I tell you. So gorgeous it makes me misty-eyed.

Which makeup primer does the utterly gorgeous Sarah over at Fun, Flat Broke & Fabulous use? It just so happens to be one that I've yet to try (and it's from the drugstore!).

Happy reading!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hey JennBee! You're so welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, doll! Isn't that "commercial" just one of the most gorgeous things? I wanna get on a train TODAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paula! You're welcome :) And yes, that "commercial" is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig