Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My top picks for fragrances under $13

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you probably know that I'm a fragrance junkie. So I thought it would be fun to put together a little list of my 5 picks for great fragrances under $13.

I tried to cover a large range of fragrance notes to ensure that there's a little something for every nose. Here we go:

5) Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst ($12, 8 oz). This one is for the woman who like a deep, dark, seductive scent that borders on the masculine. It's a rich floral, but it's very creamy and a bit spicy. A fantastic alternative to the pricey Tom Ford Black Orchid.

4) Yves Rocher Vanilla ($11, 3.4 oz). A cult favorite for years, this is a near perfect vanilla. Not too sweet, not too gourmand and not too heavy or cloying. If you are a vanilla fan, you must own this.

3) Avon Crystal Aura ($4.50, .5 oz). Bright, cheery, clean, fresh, easy to wear and universally appealing. To my nose it's a watery floral with a pinch of citrus and cucumber. A nice alternative to Ralph Lauren Romance.

2) Love's Sugar Kiss ($5.50, 2.5 oz). Who doesn't love Love's? This new twist on Love's Baby Soft incorporates a sweet cotton candy note but don't be scared. It's a lovely combination of musk and candy cotton that smells a bit softer and more sophisticated than the youthful and uber-popular Aquolina Pink Sugar.

1) Bath and Body Works Rice Flower and Shea ($10.50, 8 oz) . Warm, soft, inviting, and as comforting as slipping into your favorite sweater. If the scent of creamy, coconut-tinged rice lightly swirled with sandalwood and ginger sounds appealing to you, you MUST own this. The rice note is really the winner here, and all the other notes take a subtle backseat to its beauty. Also, to my nose, this is a dead ringer for the very popular (and expensive) Kenzo Amour.

And there you have it! Five wonderfully inexpensive fragrances to suit every mood. Happy sniffing!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have tried out Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst several months ago...and I love it! It has a very sophisticated scent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hil'Lesha! I'm so glad that you love Black Amethyst! Yay! It's a powerful scent and when I wear it I feel like it instantly gives me a little boost of confidence :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig