Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 3, 2015

NEW CoverGirl 2016 Products (Dupe Alerts!)

Some of the new CoverGirl 2016 now hitting stores

Attention CoverGirl fans! Some new 2016 products have been spotted by some lovely readers and fellow bloggers, and today I have a little round-up for you. There are a few very exciting things here so be sure to read through this post carefully (even if you're not generally a CG fan, I think you might want to put a few of these on your radar).

First, I'd like to thank readers @beastiegram on Instagram and Ariane here on the blog for being the first readers to alert me of this new mascara a few weeks ago--it wasn't even on my radar until they both told me they spotted it in drugstore ads up in Canada. So if you're in Canada, be on the lookout for these new products as well, because they're coming to you!

I started working on this post before these products started showing up here in the US, and I'm SO glad I waited because now I have tons of additional info for you. I found images and info online a few weeks ago, but now I have so much more. So let's get started!

NOTE: I've heard from several readers who are already finding these products at Bed Bath & Beyond and Harmon Beauty, so that means they should be popping up at all the usual drugstores, Target, Walmart, etc. in the next few weeks.


COVERGIRL Plumpify Mascara by blastPRO  
Women want volume and are constantly trying new mascaras in search of the Holy Grail that delivers on that. Yet volume is only half the battle, COVERGIRL did the research and uncovered the best way to take volume to new heights – and it all starts with a LIFT. Insert new Plumpify Mascara by blastPRO. For lashes that seem darker, fuller and more visible, you need to lift them from the root. Our new Plumpify mascara features our biggest brush ever, with a mix of conical bristles plus specially-designed fins, exclusive to us, that physically grab and lift the lashes. This brush, in combination with our texturizing formula, help create 50x the volume. Mile-high lashes are yours for half the price!  
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Double-action brush plumps and lifts from the base of the lash for extreme volume
• Texturing formula helps build volume and separation
• 4 Shades: 3 regular (very black, black, black brown) and 1 waterproof (very black)


COVERGIRL truNAKED Waterproof Eyeliner Duo
The truNAKED Waterproof eyeliner duo features two versatile eyeliner shades to deliver rich, blendable colour that shades like a prestige-double ended liner. 
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Waterproof Eyeliner Duo glides on smooth, for even application and prestige-worthy payout. Perfectly-pair with truNAKED Shadow Palettes for the ultimate luxe look
• Eyeliner comes in 4 Shades Cashmere/Espresso; Vintage Rose/Ebony; Penny/Espresso; Mocha/Ebony

COVERGIRL truNAKED Shadow Palettes
The new truNAKED Shadow Palettes deliver colour payout and shades comparable to a leading $50 eye shadow palette. Each palette includes eight intensely-pigmented, uber-blendable shadows to deliver a smooth, silky feel and prestige-worthy payout at a fraction of the cost.   
FEATURES & BENEFITS 
• Eyeshadow Palette shades like a leading $50 eyeshadow
• Three prestige-inspired shade palettes -- Nude, Roses, Golden
•Each palette features perfectly combined pale-to deep-neutral shades to contour your eyes in endless combinations (from nude to smokey) and offers a range of textures (from matte to shimmer)

DUPE ALERT! If you haven't seen Jen of The Budget Beauty Blog's review of the truNaked Roses Palette, YOU MUST check it out HERE. It appears that CG really stepped it up with these palettes and the pigmentation is quite impressive. Check out this swatch demo video that Jen did comparing the truNAKED Roses palette to UD Naked 3 and see for yourself. These are a little more expensive than other CG palettes ($9.49 each at Bed Bath & Beyond) but you know CG goes on sale constantly at the drugstores and there are always coupons, so we'll never have to pay full price if we're patient! PS: Jen posted pics of the in-store display on her blog and you can see all three palettes HERE.

COVERGIRL Colorlicious Oh Sugar! 
COVERGIRL will have you saying Oh Sugar! with a fresh, new vitamin-infused lip balm that provides a pampering, sensorial experience at a better-than-fresh price. And what’s even sweeter than the citrus scent, decadent shade palette and delicious sugary taste? The price! Soft, naturally-moisturized lips never looked (or tasted) so sweet.    
FEATURES & BENEFITS 
• With grapeseed oil, avocado butter & Vitamins C & E, this reparative luxe lip treatment nourishes, protects and smoothes lips so you feel naturally renewed from the inside out
• Thin oils absorb quickly into lips while a thin protective layer locks in moisture – no thick, greasy film-feel you can get from other balms
• Tinted formula glides on smooth for the perfect pop of Colorlicious payout – we dare you to compare to a $20 balm!
• 10 shades: Cupcake, Candy, Caramel, Taffy, Spice, Punch, Soda, Sprinkle, Jelly & Gumdrop
DUPE ALERT! Check out Jen's pic HERE of the in-store display. It's very interesting to note the language that CG uses on the display: "Oh Sugar" and "A Fresher Idea". Remind you of anything? Yeah, these may be dupish-versions of the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. Jen also posted a pic of the full in-store display with a swatch of one of the shades HERE.

COVERGIRL truBlend Primer
Glowing, bronzed skin ruled the runways and one way to achieve that look is to perfect the skin underneath your makeup. It’s time to add a step that makes flawless skin easy – get ready, its primertime! 
When it comes to customizing your skin’s flawless base, COVERGIRL’s got your covered. We already have the foundation to match your skin’s tone but now we’re upping the ante with primer to meet your skin type. Formulated to work WITH your skin – whether oily, dry or combination skin - truBLEND Primer is too-good-to-be-true in a tube – working to smooth texture, boost coverage and basically help all of your products wear better and last longer.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Designed for your unique skin type – dry, oily or combo – smoothly perfects skin prior to foundation application
• Hides pores and reduces imperfections
• Preps skin for and blends perfectly with truBLEND foundation
• 3 formulas: Dry, Oily, Combination

NOT PICTURED:
  • New truBlend Blushes and Bronzers
  • New Simply Ageless CoverGirl + Olay 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation
You can check out Jen's pics of the in-store displays for these products HERE.


So what do you think of these new CG  products so far? I feel like they're trying to step up their game for 2016, which is exciting and refreshing since it feels like CG has been doing the same ol', same ol' for a while. I can't wait to get my hands on some of these products and review them. Again, you may be able to find these products now at Bed Bath & Beyond or Harmon Beauty, but I would expect them to start showing up everywhere else (all the usual drugstores and big box stores) within the next few weeks.
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. That Plumpify brush looks insane. I gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? It's reminding me of another mascara but I can't put my finger on it. For a second I thought it reminded me of the old Revlon Double Twist, but then I googled pics and that wand looks nothing like this one. But I swear I've seen a twisted brush like this before?? Maybe someone here will nail it! :)

      Delete
    2. I have the mascara, one of the lip sugar balms in Caramel and the Rose toned eye palette. All 3 are hits! The balm is scrumptious-tastes delicious and is very moisturizing. The mascara wand is HUGE but effective. Great for combing through the lashes but it's a little challenging for me to use because my own lashes are short and sparse. Works very much like Benefit They're Real, in my opinion. The palette-OMG! The hype is real. I'm going back for the other two. They are amazing!! I saw the rest of the line as well. The blushes are beautiful. I'll go back for that later, along with at least one of the primers. This collection is a hit! Go get it!

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much for all the great feedback, Rachel!! Aaaah, you're making me even more excited to try all these new goodies!! xo

      Delete
    4. Wow...I'm going to have to check CVS ads for a good CG deal now!

      Delete
    5. I'm glad to read your comment Rachel, I was hoping someone would have tried the balms and loved them! Also that wand? Scary looking yet I will be compelled to try it!

      Delete
    6. Flower had a mascara you could twist the wand straight or curved, and some of the other ones I found are Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara, and Bare Minerals Lash Domination. I could have sworn Milani had one, but I can't find anything now, so I must be mistaken?

      Delete
    7. Smashbox has a new twisty X mascara like this I think, maybe this is the dupe?

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear your thoughts, G! By the way, Jen just posted a review on the blushes on her blog a few minutes ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly always skip the CoverGirl display because it never interests me but that palette looks really great, especially since the Maybelline and Revlon palettes were rather disappointing! Whoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope those lip balms really are a dupe for the Fresh balms! I love those darn things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen these in stores! The blushes look really pretty. I'm waiting to hear some reviews before trying! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Covergirl's super sizer mascara so I'm definitely trying the plumpify!! Thanks for posting about the palettes! I saw that gold palette in the allure magazine and was very intrigued! Now even more so...especially the rose gold palette! I hope that the sugar balms have a color similar to their Natureluxe balms...i recently found the shade Grenache at big lots but they are no longer selling them! Should have bought them all! I hope they have a color similar to Grenache because that is my Holy Grail!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking to my posts, G! :) I'm so impressed with the eyeshadows and blushes so far! I'll be reviewing the lip balms this week...I bought them in 7 colors (I had a lot of coupons! Haha). My first impression is that they're not quite as hydrating as the fresh balms...they're closer to the feel of Baby Lips and are lighter weight than the Fresh ones. But color-wise they have a lot more pigment than Baby Lips so that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for your reviews Jen!!! I so want to love these! Your swatches of the eye shadows have me chomping at the bit!

      Delete
  8. I love Fresh Sugar lip balms! I go through a tube pretty quickly, since the formula is so soft. If CG has made a successful dupe, I'm going to be all over these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought many of these new products at a Bed Bath and Beyond. Love the blushes. They are luminous and gorgeous on the cheeks. I was not impressed with the mascara and found the new Revlon Ultimate All-in-One mascara to be far superior to this. I also bought all of the new lip balms and I don't think they are dupes for the Fresh Sugar ones. I have all of them too, because my makeup obsession is out of control! The CG lip balms have a pepperminty, waxy taste I don't care for. I got the new primer for oily skin, and I was happy with that, as it really worked to keep the oily shine away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that is the most unique mascara brushes that I have ever seen. You're right, G. I'm not a big Cover Girl fan but these products are definitely on my radar! Can't wait to see the new blushes too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not been a huge CoverGirl fan myself. But just had me set up to buy one of their foundations the 3-1 one. I have some points saved up from Walgreens that I have to spend. I think they expire end of the yr have to check for sure. And I have a nice list ready to check some things out. But I would love to be able to pick up some of Rose pallet for sure. Been wanting those colors for a long time. Just hadn't order a dupe yet. Because I'm not about to spend so much money on a pallet from Ulta. Especially when we have great dupes. So excited for all of this. So glad Drugstore is really trying. They r my fave since I can't really afford anything else and doing good at that one. Lol. Thanks so much. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omgosh I want to try the Oh Sugar balms so much I stopped by my local BB&B today and while they had some of the collection they didnt have the balms. And none of the other BB&Bs anywhere around me have a beauty department. The employee told me they probably wouldnt get them for at least a month :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny to me that they are showing this is all coming soon because if you look carefully in this next week's ad at Walgreens they show the mascara. Wondering if I will get some new stuff soon?!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to know if the mascara is the same formula as Clump Crusher and Volume and not like Super Sizer which I didn't like. It's too wet for me and I don't like it when a mascara makes my lashes like I can count them (sort of an anime look) and not individually coated and make em look like I'm wearing falsies. I'm also excited for the nude palette, I currently have the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette (which I travelled to downtown Chicago and walked a mile and a half just to get it at Ulta, P.S. I'm a 40min-1hr train ride to the city) so I probably won't need a rose-based shades... unless I spoil myself to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need all of it. Especially that mascara. YES PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm very sure I've annoyed my BB&B with my daily calls to see if they have put up their display yet. I'm obsessing over these palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm intrigued by the mascara brush & like another reader noted I hope the formula is like Clump Crusher & Lash Blast rather than the Super Sizer formula too. And I'll try at least one of the Sugar-ish balms. I love the original but at $22.50 a pop they are spendy for how soft the balm is. The new blushes (pictured on Jen's website) look very pretty too. Should fit in nicely with the pale pink 2016 color of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those eyeliner pencils remind me of the Urban Decay Naked 24/7 double ended pencils. I'm not a huge CoverGirl fan, but I'm excited to try that out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to try the plumpify and the tru naked palettes

    ReplyDelete
  20. P&G recently sold Cover Girl to Coty. Could that be the reason for CG's stepping up its game?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just picked up 2 of the Covergirl palettes. I got the nudes and the roses. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig