Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 3, 2014

Spotted & Swatched: NEW Rimmel Salon Pro 10 Day Nail Colour by Kate Collection

You might recall that I first posted about the Rimmel Salon Pro by Kate nail color collection one year ago (seriously, it was February 2, 2013) and you can see the video interview with Kate Moss that I posted at that time here.

This was a long time to wait for a new nail polish collection, but it's HERE, and I finally spotted it in the permanent Rimmel display at CVS over the weekend. For those who are unaware, this new line is taking the place of the Lasting Finish Pro polishes which, sadly, have been discontinued.

NEW Rimmel Salon Pro 10 Day Nail Colour by Kate Collection
(retail: $2.99 each at CVS, 0.4 oz)

There are 15 shades in this display, plus a "Finishing Touch Ultra Shine Top Coat":

Finishing Touch Ultra Shine Top Coat, 337 Chick Click

227 New Romantic, 237 Soul Session

 337 Purple Rain, 557 Yes Sir!, 397 Beige Babe, 394 Red Award

 
421 Clearly Clear, 325 Hot Gossip, 702 Simply Sizzling, 447 Barmy Blue

705 Reggae Splash, 713 Brit Pop, 711 Punk Rock, 317 Hip Hop

From what I could tell in the store, all of these shades are cremes. I purchased Barmy Blue because I have a slight addiction to blues like this, so here are some swatches:

 photo 007-5.jpg
Rimmel Salon Pro 10 Day Nail Color by Kate in 447 Barmy Blue

Sorry for the sticker residue but I couldn't find my Goo Gone and I didn't want to destroy my nails. By the way, I wasn't familiar with the term "barmy" so I had to look it up. If you're not familiar with that word either, it means "silly" or "ridiculous". So it's very fitting considering that this is one of those crazy-intense blues that so many of us love.

 photo 009-1.jpg

 photo 011-1.jpg

The brush is very much like the old Lasting Finish Pro brush (flat, wide and tapered) but the stem is quite short, as you can see above. This short stem makes application a bit tricky at first, but I got used to it after the second nail. I personally loved the Lasting Finish Pro brushes, so I love this one too. 

 photo 001-4.jpg
Two coats, no top coat

I obviously don't know how this polish stands up to the "up to ten days" claim since I just got it this weekend, but I can tell you what I think of it so far.

Application was great (as soon as I got used to the short stem). The first coat was a tiny bit sheer but almost a one-coater. The second coat made this shade perfectly opaque. You will definitely not need a third coat. This polish dries to a beautiful, very shiny finish, and my only complaint is that dry-time is a bit slow. Not excruciatingly so, but it did take longer than other drugstore polishes in my collection. I didn't apply Seche Vite or any other type of quick-dry top coat because I wanted you to see the true finish, but I'm sure a quick-dry top coat could cut down on the dry-time.

All in all, I love this color, even though it's not unique (actually, none of the shades in this range seem really unique). I think $2.99 for 0.4 oz is a decent price and it will be an even better value if the staying power is as good for me as the old Lasting Finish Pro polishes, which also had an "up to ten days" claim. That claim was VERY true for me (seriously, those Lasting Finish Pro polishes wore like iron on my nails) so hopefully these will be more of the same. I'll keep you posted!

In the meantime, have you spotted this new Rimmel polish line in your area yet? What do you think of these colors so far? 

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. That reminds me of Revlon Royal only prettier if that's possible. Royal was the polish that ignited my love for blues :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that color! My bottle is about empty, such a gorgeous blue:)

      Delete
  2. I just saw these like 3 days ago at CVS and picked up the shade 702 and didn't even know these were new lol. I ended up putting it back though because I have a lot of the same shades in my 50 billion polishes I already own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! But is the shoplifting sticker really needed for a $3 nail polish? CVS you are so strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the look of "Yes Sir!" but I just got 2 more polishes this weekend and I'm trying to keep some of my money intact =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful shade. Please update us with the lasting power and if there was any staining since it's a blue. Can't wait to see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the thought on this G. Could you let us know if it stains. That's why I don't have one single brilliant blue such as this! But oh I want one!

      Delete
    2. Hey ladies! I just removed this polish after two days and NO STAINING. Not one bit! It came off easily using regular remover and I didn't apply a base coat beforehand, so that's seriously impressive! Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  6. I see a lot of shades I want a closer look at, that jade green, the purple, the gray and the browns are all appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting OPI Eurso Euro for quite a while. Looks like this might be a great, inexpensive alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Barmy Blue and Purple Rain look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blue! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have two of these, and both looked good for almost two weeks. Way better than the L'Oreal ones which chipped on me before the first day was even up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the new romantic..I cant say anything about lasting power bc I just put it on, but it took 5 coats to cover my nails, it could have used 6th coat but the I was losing patience and it started pulling on two of my nails. Yes Sir Green formula was OK..but it looked totally gray after two coats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this formula so much - I have it 4 colors, but my fave is Hip Hop. Its a gorgeous orangey red and super shiny. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig