Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, January 27, 2014

Big Lots Sale Haul

As you know, Big Lots had one of their 20% off store events last Saturday, so I thought you might want to see how I took advantage of this sale! I bought much more than this (food, cleaning supplies, candles, etc.), but these are the beauty products I scored:

 My haul from the Big Lots 20% off event

 e.l.f. Brow Comb & Brush
e.l.f. Concealer Brush
Regular retail: $0.99 at most retailers
Big Lots price: $0.95 each
After 20% off discount: $0.76 each

I needed a new brow comb, and I can never pass up the e.l.f. Essential Concealer Brush whenever I spot it, since it's great for cleaning up manicures.

Maybelline Super Stay 10HR Stain Gloss in Luxurious Lilac
Regular retail: $8.99
Big Lots price: $1.50
After 20% off discount: $1.20

Can you believe I have never tried one of the Maybelline Stain Glosses? I was so excited when they first came out, and I know they've received mixed reviews but I looked up a swatch of Luxurious Lilac when I was in Big Lots (it was the only shade at my Big Lots) and this swatch totally sold me on this color.

NOTE: When these first launched back at the end of 2011, they were 10 shades available. Maybelline has since discontinued half of those shades (the shade above being one of them) and they're down to five shades now.

 Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in Creamsicle and Cherry Tart
Regular retail: $7.99
Big Lots price: $2 each
After 20% off discount: $1.60 each

Creamsicle and Cherry Tart are two of the Lip Butter shades that Revlon discontinued last year. I love Cherry Tart, so I was happy to snag a back-up. I've never tried Creamsicle but I figured what the heck for $1.60 each after the 20% discount.

 Sinful Colors polishes in Kissy, Pale, Olympia
Regular retail: $1.99 each
Big Lots price: $1 each
After 20% off discount: $0.80 each

I actually don't think I have ever owned Kissy (permanent, core shade) so I'm glad I fixed that! Pale is a rare, older shade that is not part of the permanent line-up, so I was happy to add that to my collection as well. I couldn't find any swatches of Pale online, and I'm not even sure when it first came out, but it looks more beige and less pink that Easy Going in person, for reference.

And of course the biggest score was Olympia, which is a limited edition shade from the much-loved Cast Away Collection from Spring 2012. This is pretty much a spot-on dupe for Essie Navigate Her. SCORE! And if you're thinking this is close to Sinful Colors Pistache, it's not.

 Revlon Colorstay Nail Color in Amethyst
Regular retail: $4.99
Big Lots price: $1.50
After 20% off discount: $1.20

I only own two or three Colorstay polishes (my fave is Rain Forest) so I was happy to get this one for $1.20 after discount. This is not a discontinued shade (it's still up on the Revlon website) and you can see a pretty swatch of it here.

Tweezerman Matchbox Itty Bitty Files
Regular retail price: $4
Big Lots price: $0.80
After 20% off discount: $0.64

I bought a few of these little matchbox files in my October Big Lots haul, and I have since fallen in love with them. They are super thick and sturdy for being disposable, and I've have a box in my purse, as well as in my car, for emergencies. You can't beat $0.64 after discount!

RETAIL VALUE OF THIS HAUL: $41.91
BIG LOTS PRICE: $12.70
TOTAL OUT OF POCKET AFTER 20% DISCOUNT:  $10.16

So I managed to scored about $42 worth of beauty products for around ten bucks. Not bad at all, and I even got some rare Sinful Colors polishes, to boot!

I would LOVE to hear what you were able to find during last weekend's Big Lots sale. Please leave a comment below and share with us!
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Wow. Nice haul. I went to my Big Lots and they had nothing like yours! I walked out empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, I'm so sorry to hear that! :(

      Delete
    2. G, in the words of Napoleon Dynamite - "lucky". Mine didn't have jack, so I, too, left empty handed! I hate wasting a good coupon, especially at Big Lots!!! *-*

      Delete
  2. i thought i saw a wet n wild palette??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the 6-pans I posted about here and on instagram? If so, those were reader haul pics. I never found them myself! :(

      Delete
  3. Oh snap. I might have to stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul!!! I never thought of using the concealer brush for that! Awesome idea!


    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Kissy and while it is beautiful it stains really badly. I had to scrub with baking soda and peroxide for a an hour after I took it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Kissy, but I had the same staining issues with SC Pistache. My trick is to use denture cleansing tabs as a deep clean soak/scrub, I use the one sided nail brushes from Sally Beauty. For the record I never go w/out basecoat, as I'm sure most do too.

      Delete
  6. Be careful with Kissy! I have it and while it's beautiful, it stains really badly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My big lots didn't have much but I got a couple of the Sephora by OPI polishes, an Almay wake up eye shadow quad and a Maybelline color sensational lip gloss (in a squeeze tube). I did get maybelline 10 hr gloss a few months ago in a red shade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great haul! i went today (missed out on the sale) and picked up two revlon polishes in "rain forest" and "french roast", a sinful colors polish in "georgio", and an e.l.f eyeshadow duo with eyeshadow primer for $1.50! i spotted some maybelline fit me foundations for $2, but none were in my shade....

    Niki @ Cheapalicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to mine and only found the six pan Wet N Wild eyeshadow palette sets and a lip gloss set by Wet N Wild as well. They had nothing else really

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH, I got Amethyst too!!! Am wearing it right now and it is the prettiest purple in my collection- I think I've finally found my perfect purple! Hooray! Might even have to go stock up on backups... =)
    Oh, and I've been looking for the Rain Forest shade for awhile now- do you know if there are any dupes for it? And if there aren't, is it worth the $8 price if I find it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sinful Shine line at walgreens has a dupe for rain forest. I think it's called Amazonian? They are 2.99 each :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you!!! $3 sounds much better than $7 for a nail polish =)

      Delete
  11. I missed the 20% off causeI was out of town...I'll bet the beauty section is picked over by now :/ I also got the lilac lip stain during a CVS clearance sale when they discontinued it...but I didn't get it that cheap! Awesome haul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked up the 2 pack of 6 pan wnw palettes along with several new Sephora OPI polishes. Some bath products as well as 2 comforter sets already on clearance plus the discount. Over all it was a good haul even though I wanted but didn't find the OPI mini sets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul! I did get to Big Lots but the only cosmetic item I purchased was a Revlon Age Defying concealer. I don't get to this store very often, and it seems like every time I'm there, they have fewer and fewer cosmetic items.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I scored nothing at my local Big Lots on Saturday and when the IG began popping up with haul photos, I was so so bummed that I drove to a different city to a Big Lots there and there were some Color Stay polishes and Maybelline Lip Stains but I already had what they have to offer. I am strictly after Sephora by OPI and came away empty handed there too. I think it is just because of where I live that we don't get good stuff because it is a small city that is economically challenged

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally spaced out on the sale, but was there last night and got a 5.4 oz. spray bottle of Fresh White Musk body spray by Body Fantasy for $1.50. I might go back for another bottle or 2 since I have to spray myself 16 times ;) It's a nice drugstore musk and it's always good to have for layering other scents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta say, I am jealous. I checked out ours but was extremely disappointed to find nearly the EXACT same products as before Thanksgiving when I stopped in. Four dozen blue Sinful Colors I already have and nearly the same blue in Maybelline. Broken eyeshadow's from a brand I have never heard and very much smeared/cracked lip gloss by another unknown name.

    They had a couple of the same China Glaze crackles but I have a ton of those and they were the same bottles from months ago. No space for any Sephora by OPI that could have been there. Just LOT'S of little kid gimmickie packs of polish and lip products.

    I hate to say I've given up on Big Lots. It's very unwell kept and items are often destroyed. The makeup just sits on a low shelf in a literal pile of broken containers. I would dare say because of our location, we never did get the Sephora by OPI nor do we get many of the upcoming items of higher value.

    Glad it's not a bust for everyone though! I'll just have to stick to Walgreens(no CVS or Rite Aid here. :P ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that stinks! I do have a CVS, but if it makes you feel any better, I can never get to a Walgreens, so I always miss out on all the cool deals there =(

      Delete
  17. Thanks to your blog. I found it about a week or so ago I've learned about some great products. I've been shopping at Big Lots for YEARS but never paid much attention to their makeup until now. I mentioned on the previous post that I got the Elf 32 eyeshadow pallet and Elf beauty book for $2.95 each after the 20% coupon. They didn't have a lot at this Big Lots like my normal Big Lots (wish I had gone there) but they had a lot of the items you were talking about. :) Can't wait for the next 20% off coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Found the 2pan WnW Greed and Lust

    Still wishing and hoping ill stumble upon a Vanity set soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Didn't get the 20% off but I found several Sinful Colors polishes at Big Lots yesterday (they usually only have one or two). I picked up California, Beverly Hills, Pandora, Star Fish, Pale, and Rainstorm, which I already put on and LOVE!
    Also picked up a couple of limited edition Maybelline glosses and Color Whispers from last summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig