Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminators Have Landed

I think I've done four posts already this year about the return of Skinlights and how Revlon's launching them in the Photoready line (so not technically the exact same thing as the original Skinlights). But this time I've got the best news of all: The Skinlights Face Illuminators have officially landed in the US!

Thanks to reader Christina for this one! Christina spotted the Skinlights display at her local Harmon this week and was nice enough to share some pics:

 image credit: Christina for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminators
(retail: $10.49 each at Harmon, 1.0 oz)

"Get a healthy glow in any light with or without foundation"

There are four shades in this range, and YAY for the tester bottle in the display:

 image credit: Christina for Nouveau Cheap
Bare Light, Pink Light, Peach Light, Bronze Light

I'm 99.9% sure that these are permanent (not limited edition). As always, when things show up at Harmon/Bed Bath & Beyond first, they usually start to appear at other retailers a few weeks later. So hopefully we'll all see these very soon.

This collection launched in Canada back in June, so I'd love to hear from any lovely Canadian readers who have tried them!

Thanks so much, Christina, for the great sighting and pics. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I just bought one today. Is it suppose to be mixed with foundation, just as a highlighter or either?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the display it says w/ or w/o foundation :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm Canadian and I just checked the Revlon.ca website and cannot find the skinlights (I even used the search bar). I also haven't seen them in stores. :( I looked online because I wanted to know if there are specific uses for each shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so strange! I have received numerous photo submissions of this one from Canadian readers over the past few months. Also, it sometimes takes a while for brands to post their new permanent products on their websites.

      I just checked with my "Canadian counterpart" Sparkled Beauty (sparkledbeauty.blogspot.com) who is basically just like me but for Canada, and she's seen already the Skinlights in the permanent wall display (meaning they're not even in the new-product counter displays anymore up there).

      Maybe try some other stores??

      Delete
    2. They are out since a couple of months now in Canada! You can find them in pretty much every drugstore or even at Walmart!!!

      Delete
  3. This is a lot like their old one... I hope !!! I sparingly use the one I still have.... I cannot wait to get another!!!
    I mix it with foundation and it gives you a nice dewy look. One of my favorite things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! I am so excited!!! I really, REALLY hope that these are permanent :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. If using a powder foundation (I use Laura Geller Balance and Brighten), would this product be best used under the powder or over it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say under, to make sure it won't look cakey.

      Delete
  6. Interesting, not that I need another hilighter but I sorta liked tthe old ones, esp the cream sticks that were like NARS multiples rather than the liquid ones, except for the old scent. Hope they bring those back too regardless, oh and the powders! Loved those. Anyone know if the new ones have the same old smell? Sweet fruity-ish, rather strong? It was always "the Skinlights scent" to me lol
    I

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I wonder if Pink Light is similar to Stila Illuminating Beauty Balm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look lovely! And hello, I LOVE that there is finally a tester as part of the display. Let's make this a regular thing, yes?? ;) I cannot wait to start seeing reviews of these... from the photo, I think I want about three of the shades. haha, I am a total highlighter collector. Just, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the Original and the Photoready. They are two different products IMHO. I like the original the best. The Photoready is a deeper peach with not as much illumination IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig