Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 12, 2013

Spotted: CoverGirl The Hunger Games Catching Fire Collection (display number two)

NOTE: I just heard directly from CoverGirl today about the Hunger Games Collection and I want to clarify a few things that I originally stated in my post from earlier today. There is actually only ONE Hunger Games collection (I had previously written that there were several, each corresponding to a different district). There are 12 districts total, and the products from this collection are used to create various looks from each district. As of the time of this post, I do not know how many different displays will be released (the display I showed you earlier today did not contain everything that is showcased in the accompanying pamphlet), but I will let you know as soon as I receive confirmation.

If you caught my earlier post, then you know that the counter display for the CoverGirl The Hunger Games Catching Fire Collection is now surfacing in stores (click here for lots of pics). But thanks to reader Kayla (@kelizabeth9o on Instagram), I can tell you that there is also an end-cap display, and the end-cap display features the same products that are in the counter display, plus additional Glosstinis. Kayla spotted this display at her local Meijer. Take a look:

image credit: Kayla for Nouveau Cheap
CoverGirl The Hunger Games Catching Fire Collection end-cap display

Looking at the pic above, you can see that the Flamed Out Mascara with the limited edition packaging and the two shades of Flamed Out Shadow Pencils that are in the counter display as also in this end-cap display.

image credit: Kayla for Nouveau Cheap

The four Lipslicks Smoochies Sizzle Glosses that are in the counter display are also in this end-cap display (you can see additional pics of these glosses here).

image credit: Kayla for Nouveau Cheap

But where this display differs from the counter display is the Glosstinis selection. In the counter display, only four of the shades above are featured. A closer look:

image credit: Kayla for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Kayla for Nouveau Cheap

 To refresh your memory, here are the shades that are in the counter display:

image credit: Melissa for Nouveau Cheap 
Sulfur Blaze, Rouge Red, Pyro Pink, Seared Bronze

Comparing the four shades in the counter display to the shades in the end-cap display, there are at least three additional shades in the end-cap display: a deep black, a tangerine orange and a deep green. I believe that the deep green shade is repeated twice in this display, but I might be wrong about that. Also, it's hard to tell if the orange/red shade, Rouge Red, is repeated twice in the end-cap display, but I think it might be a completely different orange/red altogether. I believe that the black shade in this end-cap display is named Black Heat, and the deep green shade is named Scalding Emerald. I don't know the name of the other shades.

Have you spotted either of the new Hunger Games displays in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so very much, Kayla, for the great pics and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. If you go to the Covergirl website and search for "Hunger Games", it will show you the release dates for each look inspired by a corresponding district. Thus far only two looks are shown, but if you scroll across the pictures, the dates are shown.
    Exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for clarifying this for us! I had commented in your other post that it would have been a treasure hunt trying to find all of the collections...now we just have to focus on one. Phew! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Agreed :) I personally like the little Glosstini bottles!

      Delete
  4. I really like the polishes, but why do they have to make them so small? I'd pay a buck or two more for an average sized bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the commercial for this collection (caught me TOTALLY off guard), I flipped out. I wish there was a little bit more oomph to it but hey, if I can get some Smoochies lipgloss swatches, that's be awesome. I certainly need a new Capitol couture look for November :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't buy into these at all. They are probably just normal Covergirl products repackaged to make them look like a brand new product. I bet those lipglosses are those Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers. And as if the makeup artist used Covergirl makeup to create those looks. You guys really think Covergirl makeup are that pigmented? Ok maybe the Lip Perfection Lipsticks are but that's it. I bet they used Mac makeup or something high end to create these looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that you mention MAC. Even the MUA's hired for MAC photo shoots to advertise new collections don't necessarily use MAC makeup on the models. That's true for the entire industry though--not just MAC or Covergirl.

      Delete
  7. The reddish shades are indeed different from one another, one is a more deeper ruby red and the other is a very orange firey red. The polishes are the only thing that caught my attention... they have lovely multicolored shimmer through out that compliments each color perfectly. I got Scalding Emerald and Violet Flicker (I think that is the name of the violet one). I'm not big on greens but the shimmer in Scalding Emerald made it unique and worthy of a second look so that is why I picked it up.

    Also the coppery brown shade is an exact match to Sally Hansen's Instadri in Chop Chop Copper, right down the the colors the shimmer inside flashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dupe alert: the Glosstini nail polish in Seared Bronze is almost identical to OPI Warm & Fozzie from the Muppets collection. I have both and swatched them on my nails tonight (sorry no pics, my lighting is bad right now). It takes two coats of Warm & Fozzie to look like one coat of the CoverGirl though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spotted at Walgreen's today.The clerk was so nice.I asked how much they were and if they were apart of the sale.They were like 3.95 or something.She said they should be apart of the sale.She even looked for a coupon for me.Then she just gave me a discount of $4.00 for 2 nail polishes.So i got one for free.Wow! That was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw the counter display@ Walgreens. The mascara in the special packaging is Flame Up, the one with the curved wand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The black Glosstini looks very very similar to Loreal Owl's Night from last fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The black glosstini in this collection looks very similar to the Owl's Night from Loreal last fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Melissa, I blogged about Pyro Pink and I linked to your blog. I appreciate your exciting post on the Hunger Games collection. I am very excited by Pyro Pink. I passed on the other colors, but you can see Pyro Pink on my blog and it is duochromey. Not like a huge step or two away on the color wheel but still enough to get a plum, a pink and a purple from different lights. You really can't tell much in the bottle but... it's my favorite color this fall from the drugstores. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig