Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 30, 2013

Spotted: NEW Salon Perfect Holographic Nail Lacquer Collection

Boy, I am running seriously behind on my Salon Perfect coverage! I haven't even finished swatching the Fall 2013 Collection yet (post coming soon) and we've already got another new collection popping up at Walmart! Huge thanks to longtime reader Lisa of Swatches and Whatnot for this one. Lisa spotted the newest Salon Perfect collection this week and was nice enough to share pics.

Just FYI since this always seems to be asked whenever I do a Salon Perfect post, Salon Perfect is sold exclusively at Walmart. Salon Perfect is owned by American International Industries (Aii), which is the same company that owns China Glaze. Seche, Ardell, Andrea, Duo and other beauty brands.

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
Salon Perfect Holographic Nail Lacquer Colletion
(retail: $5.98 each at Walmart, 0.5 oz)


image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
Silver Screen

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
Fade Out

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
Leading Lady

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
 Pixel Pink

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap 
Starlet

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
 Green Room

image credit: Lisa for Nouveau Cheap
Spot Light

Overall, Lisa said the holographic effect seems a bit "dull" in these polishes and I agree by looking at these pics--these are probably not going to be like the legendary China Glaze OMG Collection, but perhaps more along the lines of the recent China Glaze Hologlam Collection (but it's hard to know for sure until you see them on the nail, of course). Lisa also mentioned that Green Room and Fade Out seem to have the strongest holographic effect of the bunch (those are the two that would be my picks anyway, just based on the colors--they're gorgeous!).

Have you spotted this new collection at your local Walmart yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, Lisa, for the great photos and info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I'm the same, Green Room and Fade Out are my picks as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need Fade Out. I saw these a while back on the Salon Perfect website. I'm excited they are finally showing up in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least two of them look like dead on dupes of the recent China Glaze collection. Not at home so I can't pull them out to compare. Probably will pass on this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they may have just rebranded the Hologlam collex for this. The colors look almost identical

    ReplyDelete
  5. just saw these at walmart today as well. I wish I could find the Fall 2013 collection, those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just saw these at walmart. Wish I could find the Fall 2013 collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Three Oh Four has a nail wheel swatch/comparison of these on her FB page, and all but Green Room and Spot Light are dead on dupes for polishes from the CG Hologlam collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meh, I wish they wouldn't call these "holographic" because they really aren't...some of the colors are pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I 'think' I might have seen these but thought they were just some of the other Fall collections. I better take a better look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't Let the bottles fool you. I bought one to try them out and once on the nail they have a really nice linear holo! I'm going back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours. Very shiny

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig