Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 26, 2013

Five Buck Friday

Did you think I stopped with the FBF posts? Think again! I love this series and even if I don't get a chance to do a post every single Friday, I will still do them whenever time permits!

For new readers, Five Buck Friday is a series that I created to showcase some very affordable beauty products that I personally own, love and have repurchased. Everything featured here will add up to a grand total of...five bucks! 

This week's installment includes my very favorite $0.99 jelly polish, and more! Keep reading for all the details...

e.l.f. Essential Smudge Brush (retail: $1 on the e.l.f. website). In previous Five Buck Friday posts, I've mentioned at least two other brushes in the e.l.f. Essential line that I adore, but today I want to talk about one that's newer (to me). The Essential Smudge Brush is very much like the Rite Aid Smudger Brush that I reviewed a while back--it's got the same short, dense bristles that allow you to either smudge your eyeliner or go deep into your crease and/or outer "V" to apply your crease shade. For a buck, it's a total steal! But as with lots of the e.l.f. Essential brushes, it can be a tiny bit stiff or scratchy the first few times you use it. I've noticed that, over time, the bristles do become much softer though (especially after a few washings). 

Bath & Body Works Pocket Bac Holders (retail: $3 each at Bath & Body Works; less when on sale). If you like B&BW hand sanitizers (which are always on sale for $5/5) and you haven't yet given in to the temptation of the cute Pocket Bac holders, I have to tell you that they're mighty convenient. I seem to have one in every purse, and I attach them to the zipper pull on the inside pocket of my purse. That way, I never have to go digging for my anti-bac when I need it--it's always right where it should be. I can't tell you how much that little $3 investment has saved me in dark restaurants, etc. when I just need a quick application and don't want to go digging through my purse for five minutes to find it.

NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Broadway Burgundy Frost (retail: $0.99 wherever NYC is sold). Hands down, one of the best deals at the drugstore. While not burgundy and definitely not a frost, this red jelly contains fine red glitter and the formula is PERFECTION. It's not streaky (even on the first coat) and you only need two coats for it to look like this:



I know there are lots of shades that look like Broadway Burgundy Frost (China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Zoya Delilah, Orly Star Spangled, Essie Ruby Slippers, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet and the list goes on) but NYC Broadway Burgundy Frost is the only one that retails for $0.99! Combine that with the flawless formula and it's darned near perfect.

This concludes this week's edition of Five Buck Friday. As always, I would love to know if you own any of the products featured here today!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. That nail polish looks GORGEOUS! HOW did I miss this when I was in Target and looking at the Nyc stuff?? Haha! Keep doing this series G, I love it! :)

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post G. Next time I am at the drug store I plan to buy Broadway Burgundy Frost! I am just beginning to get my jelly on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so addicted to BBW hand sanitizers. Love the holders as well. Have you seen the new ones out for fall? So cute.

    Off topic but I saw your post on Instagram about the Sinful Colors corals... I just wanted to verify "Electric Red" right? Not "Energetic Red"? If that's the case, I have to make another Walgreens run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have Delilah, but Broadway Burgundy Frost is so gorgeous! Pleasantly surprised by the swatches. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that NYC Burgundy Frost polish, and it is my favorite jelly. I usually make a jelly sandwich with it and some big red hex glitter by Milani, and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone that the nail polish looks absolutely incredible! Thanks got the great pic! I'm going to pick it up next time I'm at the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the nail polish. I find some NYC polishes are a miss but that looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see more of these! Even if it was one item for $5. I loved this series :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig