Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, June 16, 2013

Spotted: NEW Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer

A drugstore eyeshadow primer that looks/acts like the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base? That's the comparison that reader Fatima gave me when she told about this new primer from Rimmel. Exciting, right?

Fatima spotted this new eyeshadow primer at both CVS and Harmon recently and was nice enough to share some pics with us. Take a look...

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer
(retail: around $5)

image credit: Fatima for Nouveau Cheap

Fatima said that this primer comes out white (just like the NARS primer). 

I'm SUPER excited to try this one because I've always wanted to try the NARS primer (but of course the $24 price tag has always held me back). If you own the NARS primer and you try this new Rimmel primer too, I would love to know how you think they compare!

UPDATE: Here's the display that contains this new primer, courtesy of reader Aileen, who spotted this at Kmart:

image credit: Aileen for Nouveau Cheap

The eyeshadows and mascara in this display are actually repromotes of existing products in the Rimmel permanent collection.

Thanks so much, Fatima and Aileen, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I love the NARS primer, so if I try this and it's a dupe i'll be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know what you think, if you do, Abby!

      Delete
  2. If this is a dupe for the NARS primer I will probably jump up and down for joy, I cringe spending $24 on a primer that I use up in just a few months. Hopefully this is a dupe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this primer. I haven't tried the NARS one but this one has kind of a greasy feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NARS one feels greasy to me too, but for some reason it works for my oily lids! Can't wait to see if this one is a dupe :)

      Delete
  4. I wanna try! I have the elf primer, but want something a little better, maybe this one will do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried the NARS primer, as a Sephora Beauty Insider sample I traded in points for. It kept a shimmery shadow perfect, and was great. If I can get a dupe (since I dislike the reformulation of UD's Primer Potion in the squeeze-tube) for the NARS, I'll bite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that Rimmel will also release the lash primer in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They brought out a lash primer?! D: Want, if it's cheaper than L'Oreal's duos! I don't need it for my lashes but my brows (weird , yes, I know.)

      Delete
  7. I am excited for this. But am I the only one who misses the lip primer they used to have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had this primer for a little while, and have to say, it is no substitute for UDPP. I don't find it very pleasant to use and it seems to remain a little tacky. I need to use UDPP (or one of the GOSH primers) every time I use liquid liner as otherwise I get terrible transfer to my crease. The Rimmel primer doesn't stop the transfer at all, so it's absolutely no good for me. I've tried using a neutral shadow over the primer before the liner, but this hasn't been much more effective - still creasing and a slightly tacky feel.

    Sticking to UDPP and GOSH (a European drugstore brand, which does eye primers in a stick or a gel, both pretty good!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know the shadows are NOT repromotes.. they are all new shades. I believe there are five all named with an "english" theme: Mayfair, English Breakfast, Afternoon Tea, Crown Jewels, and Royal Tea. They have also improved their formula, especially the mattes and metallics which I do not recall in my old quads, but even the satins are smoother and more pigmented than before.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig