Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 11, 2013

Review & Comparison: Sinful Colors Beau Khaki vs. Seaweed

The Sinful Colors limited edition Haute Rebel Collection came out at the end of December/early January and  seems to be lingering around certain Walgreens locations. I was able to find and purchase a few shades from this collection at my local Walgreens a few weeks ago, and one of them is called Beau Khaki (ugh, that name!).

I have a thing for sage green creme polishes, and the minute I saw Beau Khaki I instantly was reminded of the shade Seaweed, from the limited edition Adventure Island Collection from Summer 2011.  So I thought that, for this review, I'd show you them side-by-side, in case you were wondering if these were look-alikes:

 Sinful Colors Seaweed (left) and Beau Khaki (right)
(retail: $1.99 each, 0.5 oz)

Keep reading for comparison swatches...



 Two coats of Beau Khaki on my pinky and middle fingers
Three coats of Seaweed on my ring and index fingers
(no top coat)

Formula-wise, Beau Khaki wins by a landslide. This one's almost a one-coater and it's so smooth and perfect, it basically paints itself  Seaweed, on the other hand, is sheer and streaky and requires three coats. Also, in order to avoid cuticle drag, you need to apply thicker coats, but then it becomes a bit goopy and it doesn't self-level easily, so it's kind of challenge to get a perfect manicure with this one.

As for color, you can see that these are definitely very different from each other when on the nail. Seaweed is more of a light, sage green, while Beau Khaki is a dusty, gray-out army green. Both are cremes, of course.

FINAL VERDICT: These two polishes are not even close to each other color-wise, and the formula of Beau Khaki is an absolute dream when compared to the high-maintenance formula of Seaweed. I would say that Beau Khaki is the superior polish and if you can find it at Walgreens, I highly recommend it. But if you love light sage greens, you may want to try to look for the many Seaweed lookalikes out there, since Seaweed is no longer available in stores. For reference, OPI Stranger Tides, Essie Da Bush and Sally Hansen Creamy Olive are all quite comparable to Seaweed (you can see comparison swatches of all four shades here).

Do you own Seaweed and/or Beau Khaki? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I thought Beau Khaki had a perfect formula the moment I put it on. I'm glad I wasn't hallucinating! Definitely my favorite green polish right now, just in time for St Patty's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both colors, but will probably only pick up Beau Khaki. I hope I can find it at my Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beau Khaki is my favorite of the two. I will resist the urge to buy it just because I don't have a similar color. I'm trying to crack down on how much stuff I buy. I don't get the name though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love Beau Khaki (and the name makes me smile every time)! My bottle was totally a one-coater, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it makes you smile. Search "Bukkaki". Btw- NSFW. When I first saw the name of this polish I was shocked, but I lol anyway...like the play on words is funny, the real deal is not, imo.

      Delete
  5. "Ke" in Japanese is pronounced as "keh", not "kee". (If that makes you feel any less disgusted...) Does anyone know of a dupe or alternative to Beau Khaki? It's such a nice color, but I can't find it anywhere! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a poop reference. Search "Bukkaki", oh yeah...NSFW! Thanks to listening to the Howard Stern show I found out what it was yrs ago. *eyeroll* lol

      Delete
  6. I picked up Beau Khaki (herin none as BK) this weekend when Wags had the 4 for $5. I loved it the moment I saw it and am wearing it now. Three days, no chips, and I also with everything you've said about this shade. I like top coat, only because I use Out the Door (I have no sense of patience), so that gave it added shine. Don't think I ever saw Seaweed, however, but that's ok.

    I also got some of the pastel-springy colors during the sale.

    Ladies, if you like this sort of olive/army green/sage color, grab a bottle of BK. I may go back for a back-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently bought Beau Khaki, too, and love it. I was so happy that I got great coverage in two coats, instead of three or four like you need for other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo. my walgreen's didn't have a st. patrick's day display(I was looking for Green Ocean) but they just took all the green polishes they had and put them together. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine did that too once they sold out of Green Ocean, and by sold out I mean I bought them all :D have seriously been on the hunt for it and Blue Ocean for the longest time.

      Delete
  9. I have been trying to find beau khaki ever since it came out i hope i snag one before they dissapear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladies, if you don't' know the definition of bukkaki and want to learn it, I think the safest course is to go to Urban Dictionary.com. That way you can avoid the possibility of graphic imagery- it refers to a sexual act.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig