Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How to get a Revlon ColorStay polish + a Burt's Bees lip balm for under $6 this week (no coupons required!)

This week at Walgreens (through 8/18), select Revlon nail colors (including ColorStay polishes--thanks to many of you for confirming this) are on sale for $4.99 and you get $3 back in Register Rewards. I think the only polishes that aren't included in this sale are the duos, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, here's how I took advantage of this sale, and it's as easy as one, two, three!

1) Buy a Revlon ColorStay Nail polish. The retail price of these polishes is $7.99, so that's already a bargain at $4.99. 

2) You'll then receive $3 back in Register Rewards (they will print out along with your receipt), which is the same as store credit.

3) In a seperate transaction, purchase a Burt's Bees lip balm (these retail for $3.49 at my local Walgreens). Pay with your $3 Register Rewards + $0.49 out of your own pocket.

Total retail price for these two items: $11.48
Out of pocket price for these two items: $5.48
Total Savings: $6.00

Here's what I bought:

$5.48. Yippee!

I've been wanting Revlon Rain Forest since Revlon first released the ColorStay polishes back in December, so I'm happy it's finally mine. I've also been wanting the BB Acai lip balm for a while now...I'm a sucker for anything with acai in it.

Have you taken advantage of the Revlon polish deal at Walgreens yet? If so, what did you get? If not, are you thinking about picking up a polish (and something else with your Register Rewards)?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Thanks G! Went and picked up pale cashmere. Contemplating what to do with that $3 now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, hun! How about a Fergie polish? Those are $3.49, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you let us know your thoughts on Rain Forest-- I've had my eye on it for a long time, too. The only ColorStay polish I have is Bare Bones, and I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about that nail polish and rewards deal all week. That Rain Forest shade has been catching my eye for a while, and so has that sparkly brown shade. I might just get the green, get the rewards and get the brown. (Would I get another $3 in rewards for that?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they roll over, but I'd ask a cashier, just to be safe.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is the same polish I got today! Rain Forest's sparkle called out to me, hopefully it looks as good(or better) on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! Great minds think alike! Lol!! ;)

      Delete
  5. Ooh this is a good idea!! I love how the burts bee gloss has already been opened before u took the pic ( your probably like me, opening cosmetics U just bought the second you get in the car :-) and testing them out =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I didn't plan on reviewing the lip balm, so that's why I opened it (and you're right...in my car! Lol!). Usually I have to exhibit a lot of restraint on beauty purchases and wait until I have taken pics first. So hard sometimes! :)

      Delete
  6. I want to get Rain Forest too! I shall be stopping by today. Since I don't need another Burt's Bee lip balm I may get another polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to get your opinion on that shade if you get a chance. I've been interested in that shade for awhile! I did get Fall Moods this week and it looks like a great autumn shade on the nail wheel! For some reason I was expecting a fine glitter, but it turns out it's a foil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Walgreens, bought Rain Forest with and used a $1 coupon and got it for $4.29, then turned around and used the $3 reward to buy French Roast, and got that for $2.29, so that's two Revlon nail polishes for $6.58!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig