Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, June 14, 2012

Independence Day Manicure Round-Up: it's submission time!

image source: unknown

It's that time, dear readers! The Independence Day Manicure Round-Up will be posted on Monday, June 25th, and I'm taking submissions NOW through Friday, June 22nd! 

PLEASE NOTE: this is not a US-specific round-up! If your country celebrates its own Independence Day, feel free to submit a manicure inspired by your country's holiday!

I'll select 40 pics to publish based on creativity, artistic ability, and also level of difficulty (or ease). I not only want to include intricate, detailed designs, but also manicures that are simple to achieve using just one or two colors, so that ALL of us can be inspired, no matter our level of expertise. NOVICES, EXPERTS AND EVERYONE IN-BETWEEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO SUBMIT A PHOTO!

As with the St. Patty's Day Manicure and Easter Manicure Round-Ups, please follow these rules (if you don't, your submission will not be counted):

1) Email me (my email address is available under the About/Contact tab in the upper menu bar of this blog) and attach ONE photo of your manicure to your email. Please limit your submissions to ONE MANICURE AND ONE PHOTO PER PERSON. If you submit more than one photo in your email, you will be disqualified.

2) In your email, please list ALL of the polishes (brands and shade names) you used to create your manicure.

3) By emailing me your photo, you are consenting to your photo being published on this blog for public viewing.

4) IMPORTANT: in your email, be sure to let me know how you would like to be credited in my blog post. If you do not tell me what name to use, your photo will be NOT be eligible.

DEADLINE FOR PHOTO SUBMISSION IS FRIDAY, JUNE 22ND AT 11:59PM PACIFIC.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Is it okay to add a watermark to my photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's fine. I understand that fellow bloggers need to protect their images, so watermarks are ok with me. Although I would prefer that the watermark not be HUGE and distracting from the image. :)

    Thanks for checking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my country has it's own independence day so is it ok to do another festival?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really like to keep this Independence Day-themed, so i'm afraid I can't accept submissions for other holidays/festivals.

      HOWEVER, I'd be happy to do a future round up post showcasing holidays and festivals from around the world! I, can do that in a few months, so hold on to your pic, ok?

      Thanks so much for inspiring me to do something more internationally-themed! :)

      Delete
    2. that's ok, I can't wait to try out some more designs for later! :D Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. Yay! I am so looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am so looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Please see above. The submission period ended last Friday.

      Delete
  7. Excited to see these!! I submitted mine a few days ago. Are you going to be posting them today? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey when r u gonna post the nails?(: like i keep refreshing the page cuz i reallly wanna c them haha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig