Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Swatches! China Glaze Prismatic Chroma Glitters: Full Spectrum & Prism

A little while ago I posted the press release and bottle shots of the new China Glaze Prismatic Chroma Glitters Collection, and today I'd like to show you two shades from the collection, which I recently received for review. The official release date for this collection is April, but I believe people have spotted them online already. Either way, let me just tell you: they're worth the wait.

NOTE: as always, I strongly recommend the foil method for removal of glitter nail polishes. Click here for Pink Sith's tutorial if you have never used the foil method and would like more details.
 Prism (purple) and Full Spectrum (pink):


I honestly have never seen anything like these polishes before. It's like someone took pure pixie dust and managed to capture it in a bottle. The glitters in these polishes are fine and medium-sized, and in a way that I can't really describe in words, the colors of these polishes shift when on the nail (but not in a full duochrome-y way). I could not capture it in photos, but I think if you compare the way Full Spectrum (the pink shade) looks in the bottle pic above, to the way it looks in the bottle pic below, you can kind of see what I'm talking about. There's something seriously magical about these polishes.


So let's start with Full Spectrum:



I used two coats for these swatches, and no top coat.




Honestly, my pics don't do Full Spectrum justice. This polish is amazing in person. Sparkly, colorful and, in certain lights, the effect of this polish almost looks like a rainbow foil. Much more beautiful in person than in photos. And I was very impressed with the level of coverage after two coats.  

And next we have Prism:



Two coats, no top coat.




There's so much going on in Prism that my camera freaked out; it didn't know what to focus on, so that's why a few of these pics are a bit blurry (sorry). Prism is just like Full Spectrum--glittery, colorful and in certain lights, it can even look like a foil. I honestly cannot stop staring at my nails when I'm wearing this polish because, well, there's just so much to see! This is really the type of polish you need to see in person to fully appreciate.

The formula of these polishes is amazing, especially for polishes that contain such a high amount of glitter. They're not thick or goopy AT ALL. They flow onto the nail with ease and they are such a joy to apply. There's no "coaxing" that needs to happen in terms of glitter placement. You can literally apply these without any strategy or skill; they're as easy to apply as a creme polish.

Both polishes required two coats for perfect coverage. I suppose you could use these at top coats over a base color; you'd only need to apply one very thin layer if you were going to do that. But they're so beautiful on their own I honestly don't even have the urge to try them a different way.
 
 FINAL VERDICT: Like I said at the beginning of this post, these two polishes from the China Glaze Prismatic Chroma Glitters Collection are like applying pure pixie dust to your nails. They flow effortlessly on to the nail, and two coats is all it takes for perfect coverage. I honestly have never seen another polish quite like these--they are truly something special that every glitter lover reading this should try for themselves. My pics and words simply do not do these justice. I'm telling you, these are really something special. If you love glitters and colorful, sparkly polishes, you need these. My only complaint is that these polishes tend to "eat" my top coat, so if you're looking for a glossy, shiny finish, I suggest using a nice, thick top coat and maybe adding a second layer of top coat for good measure.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Thank you for the swatches! First I have seen of these and they look fabulous so I ordered them all!!!! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wao it is such a great collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those polishes look AMAZING! I can't believe you got such full coverage out of just two coats. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for either one of these polishes b/c I'm currently loving the sparkle look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a comparison of these to the ones from wet'n'wild? I don't remember the name of the collection, but I think you posted about it couple weeks ago...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in México, and yesterday saw at Sally's beauty supply the display of this collection, and i cant resist! I buy 2, PRISM and OPTICAL ILLUSION, very pretty and unique colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait. I hope my Sally's here doesn't sell out when they arrive. They always see to. And don't restock as frequently. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing as one coat over black. You can easily see the shift of colors. Ooooh, I just love these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing as one coat over black. You can easily see the shift of colors. Ooooh, I just love these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swatches! I was hoping these would have more of a holo effect like the OMG ones but guess not :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw these today at Sally's when I was picking up hair stuff but was skeptical. After seeing swatches I'm kicking myself, they are so goregous!! I think I just might go back lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, G....what do you REALLY think of these polishes?? ;P

    I can't wait to get my hands on these. I've stop by my Sally's twice and let them know to call me as soon as they get them in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm wearing Wet n Wild Born into Privilege from the Be Jeweled collection right now and I have to say it looks very, very similar to this formula. I submitted a photo to the Easter contest with it covering a base coat of Revlon's Sunshine Sparkle and the picture does not do it justice at all. My nails look like those gold foil covered chocolate eggs! The WnW version goes on much like G described too. If you're looking for the China Glaze versions Sally's new flyer has a coupon for buy 2 get one free.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are these similar to the wet n wild be jeweled collection?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have optical illusion and full spectrum, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Usually I'm all for sparkle and glitter for nail polish. But, this polish is way too chunky. Even for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are so pretty! I love sparkely nail polish!


    Love,
    Miss Sparkle!


    BTW, I just found your blog today and I love it! I would love to know what you think of my blog, so if you have time please check it out! I won't post a link though since you say not to. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Man I just got to grab some of these! Totally gorgeous! I simply cannot wait for these gorgeous glitters, thanks so much for the awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got all 6 and have swatches of them on my youtube channel. My Sallys didn't have the out on display yet.... so I asked a nice employee to check in the back for me. She brought them out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, wow, wow! Can't wait to see these in person!!!! I think it maybe hard to pick from this crop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got these from sally's website. Right now, they have finger paints limited edition magnetic polishes. I ordered them. Tried to find info on them and nothing appeared.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig