Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 30, 2012

Spotted: new products!

I'd like to start off this sightings post with a few wonderful reader submissions. First up, reader Kelli spotted the new Avril Lavigne Collection of Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips at her local Walgreens:

image credit: Kelli for Nouveau Cheap

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips
Avril Lavigne Collection

 image credit: Kelli for Nouveau Cheap

Kelli also sent a few close-ups:

 image credit: Kelli for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Kelli for Nouveau Cheap

Next up, reader Rachelle spotted some new body washes from Caress at her local Walmart:

image credit: Rachelle for Nouveau Cheap

Caress Passionate Spell
"Passionfruit & Fiery Orange Rose"

image credit: Rachelle for Nouveau Cheap

Caress Precious Bloom
"Coconut Orchid & Water Lily" 

And here are some pics of some new products I spotted at Rite Aid the other day.

New from City Colors: 

City Color Special Effect Bright Eye Colors
(retail: $3.99 each)

There are three palettes in this collection and they have really cool packaging--there are holographic photos on the front that go from opened to closed eyes when you hold them at different angles.



City Color Summer Glow Bronzers
(retail: $3.99 each)

 Finesee Color Lock Mousse and Hairspray

LA Looks Va Va Voom Volumizing Spray Gel and
Beachy Mega Waves Spray Gel

Thanks so much, Kelli and Rachelle, for the great pics and scoop!

Have you spotted/purchased any of the new products featured in this post? Thoughts?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Yeah, those City Color palettes definitely remind me of the Kat Von D ones. Even the color orders are similar. Hope they come around to walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope to see the LA Looks in my drugstores soon. I love the smell of their gel, and the fact that it's in a spray bottle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sssooooo excited about the Avril Lavigne for Sally Hansen strips. I have known they were on the horizon for a few months now, and I have even seen a few sneak peeks. But I have not seen all 12 designs. And I have not seen them at my Wags yet. I cannot wait. I love the "regular" leopard from the core SH line, and I love ombre/gradient effects, so I guess you could say that the new leopard designs excite me the most. However, I also love the looks of the "studded" pattern. And since i love the glitters from the core line, I have a feeling that I will love that Green glitter, too.

    Overall, I cannot wait to see these in person!!!

    Thanks to G., as usual, and to poster Kelli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, Google just lost my post, so this is "take two" If it winds up being a double post, I apologize.

    I am so excited about the Sally Hansen/ Avril Lavigne line! i have known about this for a few months, and I even saw a few sneak peeks. But I have not yet seen all 12 designs. I cannot wait to see these in person. I was just at my Wags 3 days ago, and they were not on display, but I can see that it is time to step up my Wags staking to daily visits. Lol!

    I am most excited about the leopard and glitter styles because I already love the glitter and leopard designs in the core line. And I love Ombre/gradient elements, so that is a double yes right there. The "studded" design looks tempting, too.

    Thanks for this G. and Kelli! You made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw one of the city color eyeshadow palettes last night on a youtube tutorial (she just used one color out of the neutral one as a blending color) but it actually looked pretty nice. It reminded me quite a bit of the naked palette... not exactly of course, but similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get excited to see your new products posts even though some aren't available in Canada or are hard to find. When I finally get my hands on the items it is SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the scoop on all of these products! Those City Color palettes look promising! Too bad the closest Rite Aid to me is an hour away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found some limited edition sally hansen nail polish strips at my local ocean state job lot! They had halloween and christmas ones and were only $3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH, Jillian P. good for you. Awesome score!!! I would have been all over that deal. :)

    But I don't know what you mean by the phrase ocean state job lot. I'm cornfused.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to come back and say that I stopped by my local Wags today, and the Avril display was out. I bought 3 , and I know I will get more soon. It is inevitable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. G. I want to comment on another Sally Hansen Salon Effects limited edition (for April 2012), but I am unsure if you want a discussion of new product introduced by a reader, in the comments section, no less!!!

    I truly wish to respect the way you run this outstanding blog.

    I would submit pics, but I haven't seen it in real life yet. But this new awesomeness is discussed in the April edition of Vogue magazine (page 216). When I first saw it in my Vogue mag.about ten days ago, I googled certain key words, and nothing came up.

    But tonight, I googled the same key words, and there are some sites that have preview pics.

    Are you interested? Should I have sent you a private email about this? Please delete if this post is not "kosher". Thanks, K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to be so considerate!! Thanks so much for that,.and guess what? A kind reader sent me pics of that new display the other day!! I'll be posting them on Monday. :)

      Delete
  12. Awesome! Personally, I am on cloud nine with my anticipation.

    P.S. I have a soft spot for the initial G. I have two sons, and both of them have names starting with the letter G. We often refer to them as Big G. and Little G. Basically, I have good karma with people who are "G" LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig