Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

(updated) It's that time again: the return of the holiday nail polish sets!

I've got some fun holiday nail polish sightings to share with you today, all submitted by fabulous readers , so let's get started!

UPDATE: 10/25/11, 5:35PM Pacific:

I completely forgot to include this pic, also submitted by lovely reader Krissy, of some new Sally Hansen sets! These are FULL SIZE bottles (0.5 oz) and you get three shades for $9.99 at Walgreens:

image credit: Krissy for Nouveau Cheap

The four sets are: Chic, Glam, Flirty and Haute.

Krissy also spotted a few more polish goodies and was kind enough to share. There's a NEW "Yard of Color" at CVS for holiday 2011 (click here for last year's version; I actually  spotted last year's set at my local CVS this year, so if you want that one, you might still have access to it). This year's set includes lots of glitters (I even see an iridescent glitter in there):

image credit: Krissy for Nouveau Cheap

Krissy also spotted ANOTHER new Wet n Wild mini holiday set (click here to see the holiday Fast Dry minis at CVS if you missed those). These were spotted at Rite Aid:

image credit: Krissy for Nouveau Cheap

 Four mini glitters and five mini shimmers for $4.99.

Reader Ann spotted some Sally Hansen holiday minis at her CVS and was kind enough to share a pic:

image credit: Ann for Nouveau Cheap

As you can see, there are four different formulas: Diamond Strength, Xtreme Wear, Hi-Def and Insta-Dri. These look a bit similar to last year's SH minis but I think I spy some new shades here!

Reader Barb spotted this year's version of the Sally Hansen Nail Glam Party Pack at her Rite Aid:

image credit: Barb for Nouveau Cheap

Now before any of you who are familiar with the Nail Glam Party Pack of years past say anything, the first thing I asked Barb was if she bought one, and what was inside. After posting about the Glam Party Pack last year and hearing from readers about how the contents inside the box didn't always match up with the photos on the box, I was skeptical about this year's version. Barb didn't buy one, but she did look closely at the box and this year all of the contents are listed; this set includes nail pens as well as regular polishes. I'm not sure if last year's sets included a listing of the actual contents, but hopefully that's an improvement!

Not at the drugstore, but reader Amy spotted these Funky Fingers polishes at her local Five Below and was kind enough to share (Five Below is only located on the east coast and midwest, so I've never had the luxury of shopping there. Boo!).

These all look like they're part of the same collection since the shade names are all rock-related. They retail for $2 each at FiveBelow:

image credit: Amy for Nouveau Cheap
Sound Check, Power Chord, Platinum Record

image credit: Amy for Nouveau Cheap
Monster Ballad, Sold Out Arena, Zeppelin

image credit: Amy for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Amy for Nouveau Cheap

Amy purchased Stage Dive and was kind enough to share some swatches with us:

 image credit: Amy for Nouveau Cheap

That's it for this sightings report, but I want to once again thank Krissy, Ann, Barb and Amy for the wonderful info and pics. I really appreciate it!

Have you purchased any of the products featured in this post? If not, do you have your eye on anything in particular? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Wonderful spottings! I hope to visit Rite Aids when I go to Denver this Christmas. I'm hoping there will be some of these as dusties when I get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Funky Fingers Power Chord (untried) and had Stage Dive in my hands but put it back. I like Funky Fingers polishes. I've never seen the Yard of Color...neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited about all of these sets. This will be the first year that I actually pay attention to nail polish sets! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at the Yard of Color again tonight at CVS and i think both of those tubes in the display are new. And the one has some great colors, I was so tempted to buy it! It has a purple holo in it! Sorry I didn't think to actually pull the tubes out of the display to show all colors!

    I believe most of the foil funky fingers are from the Color Club foiled collection, and I think the one called power chord is literally a few of the foil colors mixed together ha. And the chunky glitter is from the new Color Club Backstage pass collection coming out soon. (I own them both) so don't feel too bad if you don't have a Five Below near you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to look for those sets!

    BTW, Funky Fingers is almost always 3/$5 at Five Below, so when you see repeats it's a better deal to buy them as FF colors rather than Color Club. Odd, @Krissy, I can't remember FF ever having shades *before* CC! We don't have Meijer here, but their Studio M (formerly Massini) line is from the same brand and has lots of overlap with both FF and CC as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Funky Fingers polishes are the same as the new Color Club metallic collection, both brands dist by same parent company, FF colors often coincide with CC collections. I have the blue and green from Color Club, and they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only brand I have access to here is Sally Hansen. It's quite interesting to see how prices vary from country to country.
    You get 3 Sally Hansens for 9.99$. The price is here is close to 15$ for *one* bottle of the same stuff. :|

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love holiday sets, such great deals! My local CVS hasn't put up any holiday sets...but hopefully soon. The wet n wild mini polishes are so cute i want a set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am going to get all of the Sally Hansen sets for stocking stuffers!! They look like SO much fun! Wonder which one I will keep for myself!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen those mini Sally Hansen sets at my Kroger grocery store as well. But I am definitely going to be on the look out for those CSM sets at Wags.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've purchased Funky Fingers Power Chord, and it is great on! Its a foil, but a very sophisticated color... greyish purple..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spotted the Wet n Wild mini holiday set in a Black Friday preview ad, for $3!
    http://bfads.net/Rite-Aid-Black-Friday-Wet-n-Wild-Little-Luxuries-9pc-Nail-Enamle-Gift-Set-w-2-Up-Rewards
    I found the set at my local Rite-Aid. The purple glitter polish in most of the sets look like they've separated, so the quality might not be the best :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to mention that I did buy last year's Yard of Color, and it was surprisingly good quality for such a cheapie deal. They were all creams, and seemed a little chalky to me, but they all cover in only two coats, even yellow! I love that I can finally wear yellow without having to do 4 or 5 coats. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the new Yard of Color sets.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig