Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spotted: L'Oreal Limited Edition Project Runway Colors Take Flight Collection

So I finally spotted the new L'Oreal Limited Edition Project Runway Colors Take Flight Collection (whew, that's a mouthful!) at Walgreens the other day and I wanted to share some pics with you.

(Note: some of the polishes are already missing from this display; like most L'Oreal LE collections, the polishes only get one or two slots per shade, which means if you're not the first to grab it, you're out of luck).



As far as I can tell, the truly LE items in this display are the lipsticks, blushes, eyeshadow quads and nail colors. The rest of the products look like core collection items to me.

The Charming Cockatoo:



As you can see, The Charming Cockatoo collection also contains a dark chocolate brown polish (in addition to the greige) but it's already sold out. The silver-black polish in this collection looks a lot like one of the new Revlon Masquerade shades--I will give you a comparison of the two tomorrow.

The Watchful Owl:


The Audacious Amazon:


I bought the gold polish above, which should tell ya something--I'm not a big gold polish fan but wow was it stunning in person. I'll definitely swatch it for you soon if you'd like to see it.

The Sultry Raven:



I have to say, I love the design on the compacts in this collection:



For those of you wondering about the tear-pads on this display, they are NOT coupons; they contain tutorials for the eyeshadow quads:



Have you spotted the L'Oreal Project Runway Colors Take Flight collection in your area yet? If so, have you purchased anything? If not, are you excited to see these products in person?
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. The models look pretty here in the ad shots, but I have to say, if this line is taken from the current season of PR, the makeup has been absolutely terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge Project Runway Fan! I'm interested in the Blushes and the Eyeshadow Quads! Hehe Can't wait to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually my Walgreens takes FOREVER to get new items so I was quite surprised when I found this there! I came away with two blushes and a quad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So if a store runs out of a certain LE polish color, does it just never get restocked? That's crap. :/ Also, I saw this at my Walgreens on Monday and I've been trying to find information on it ever since, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well great. I just promised myself a make-up buying moratorium and now these come out. I need to come up with some excuse to buy these...maybe to celebrate Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have spotted these at my local grocery store here in TX. No telling how long it will be up though..I will check this weekend when I go for my weekly grocery trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this display and noticed the blushes were huge. I wonder how pigmented everything is...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Project Runway! I do hope this display comes to my area. I'll likely buy WAY too much. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had much luck with the quality of L'Oreal palette eyeshadows....they're usually chalky and lack pigmentation. :/

    Although some of their single eyeshadows are decent. The sad thing about this collection is that the color selection is boring. Who doesn't already own a neutral brown quad, or a smokey purple quad...The "Charming Cockatoo" palette looks very similar to Wet n' Wild's "Greed" palette. I wish Drugstore brands instead of repackaging colors they already have in their core collection, would come out with new formulations and colors, instead of just tossing the same generic stuff at the more dedicated makeup consumer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The must have from this collection is Night Owl nail polish. It is a dark olive specked gold/red/green glitter and it is almost opaque on first swipe. I got two quads the purple and the bright one and the pigmentation is decent. Way cheaper at Meijer's also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I purchased Owl's Night Polish OMG that thing is fkrn AMAZING... its a must have!!! A lot of the other polishes looked really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I actually want to go outside of my comfort zone and get the bright quad, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Has anyone spotted these at their CVS yet? I have $5 EB that Is just waiting to be used and I was hoping of buying a polish from this collection with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig