Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 16, 2011

Sinful Colors Nirvana: a taupe comparison

Call it taupe, call it mushroom, call it greige...whatever you want to call this shade, I've got my share of polishes in this color. So I thought it might be helpful to see how the popular Sinful Colors shade, Nirvana, compares to many of the other taupes in my collection. Since we've still got one more day to get Sinful Colors for $0.99 at Walgreens (through Saturday, 9/17), I tried to swatch as many of them as possible for comparison. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but here's a pretty good sampling:






Clearly, Sinful Colors Nirvana is on the brown side of the taupe spectrum, as apposed to the purple side. It's not as chocolately as Sally Hansen Touch of Mink, but it's not nearly as purple as Confetti Moonstruck (I know that many of you wouldn't consider L'Oreal Delicate Dusk a taupe at all, but I thought it would be helpful to see a shade with a lot of purple in it, just for perspective).

I believe that the truest taupe I own has to be NYX Girls The Taupe, followed by Revlon Stormy. But I think that Sinful Colors Nirvana would work especially well on warmer skintones since it does have a bit more brown to it than purple or grey. In fact, if you can't pull off most greiges, Nirvana might be a very nice choice for you--especially at $0.99 this week!

Do you own any greige/taupe/mushroom nail polishes? If so, what's your favorite?

Some of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I just got that shade of sinful polish Today =) along with 6 others. Gotta love the .99 cent sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice comparison, the only color I own like this is hard candy mushroom, I wanna get some more, i need to go to walgreens for this sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice swatches! You're turning into quite a polish addict, G! :)

    I looked at the new L'Oreal Project Runway shade Cockatoo's Wisdom (the one missing from your display photos) yesterday and compared it (in the bottle) to Stormy and Commander in Chic. It's very close to both, just a bit darker and with a browner base.

    (p.s. I emailed you bottle pics of these last night, G.!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get that swatch ring???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought SC Nirvana yesterday. I haven't tested it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd been looking for Nirvana EVERYWHERE after seeing a swatch of it somewhere online, and finally found it at a local Walgreens the other day. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm super excited to wear it. It seems like the perfect fall color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these taupes! I've been wanting to get myself a taupe polish, but the only thing I own close to a taupe is Urban Decay's Gunmetal in a mini size. I'm going to look for that SC Nirvana! It looks LOVELY. Thanks for the comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these;ty. I have Nirvana, and like it much , but it looks better on you and seems darker on here than I can get it to go, I will try it again as been a while and ty as some others such as SH chic i had mused over, but felt it prob was same as this. I adore finding same colors or almost in sinful as it is a good polish and out does much of my Essie's colors in coverage, strength and more. TY.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig