Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Review: L'Oreal Color Riche le Gloss in Really Rose

L'Oreal Color Riche le Gloss in Really Rose
(retail: around $6, 0.40 oz)

Ever since I posted the preliminary info about this new gloss line from L'Oreal, I've been excited to buy one. Sometimes it's something as simple as the font on the packaging that draws me to a product, but in the case of these glosses, it's the font, the size and shape of the tube, and also the color selection. I haven't been this excited about a new product from L'Oreal in quite a while, which is why I actually paid full price (the horror!) for Really Rose when I spotted the counter display at my Rite Aid.



I like the size and shape of this tube. I put it next to some other popular tube glosses just to give you a better idea of the size and length. As you can see, it's not the skinniest or longest tube out there, but it is thinner and longer than a "standard" tube (note: you get the exact same amount of product as a WnW tube gloss though--they are both 0.40 oz).


le Gloss has a standard slanted squeeze tube applicator; nothing wild or crazy here. But what is wild and crazy is just how much I'm in love with the color of Really Rose:


The swatch on my arm above is, at least on my monitor, an extremely accurate representation of this color. It's a dusty pinky-brown-mauve-rose, and on my lips it's DEFINITELY a "your lips but better" shade. I love that it's a creme (no shimmer or sparkle whatsoever) and that it's opaque enough to actually put some color on my lips, yet not so opaque that it veers into the liquid lipstick realm. It's got enough pigment to show up, but yet at the same time, it looks and feels natural. Really Rose is what I like to call a Goldilocks Gloss: Just Right.

I also love the fragrance and flavor of this gloss--it's got a chocolatey-marshmallow taste and scent, which is fun. The texture is also fabulous; not sticky at all, and it's not greasy or too slick--it's just how I like my glosses to be. I find it decently moisturizing--it hasn't dried out my lips and I've been wearing it quite a bit over the last few weeks.

FINAL VERDICT: L'Oreal Color Riche le Gloss in Really Rose far exceeded my expectations. It's been a while since I've been this in love with a gloss from L'Oreal. I love that this gloss doesn't contain any glitter or shimmer--it's perfect for a natural daytime look. I find the pigmentation to be great, the texture isn't sticky, and it doesn't dry out my lips. I can get about 2-3 hours of wear from le Gloss, which is fantastic considering that I'm a chronic gloss-eater. I would most certainly purchase additional shades.

Have you tried a L'Oreal Color Riche le Gloss yet? If so, what shade(s) did you get and how do you like them?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I have "Nude Touch" and love it! I'm waiting for L'Oreal to go on sale so I can purchase more shades. I get cake batter when I smell mine, but everyone's sniffer is different. I love love love the texture and color. Mine has a hint of shimmer, but also is a my-lips-but-better shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NeutraKris: I TOTALLY see how you get cake batter. I just re-sniffed mine, and I get cake batter too at first, but then when I put it on, I really taste chocolate, but with a creamy marshmallow note to it. Funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own Baby Blossom, which I love. I just wish the brighter shades weren't so sheer! They seem to "melt" into your lips and lose the opacity it starts off with. I do like it, but nothing has replaced my favorite drugstore gloss (revlon super lustrous).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Baby Blossom! It's VERY similar to Nars Turkish Delight, so much so that I think it's a dupe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Violet Attitude and Chocolate Obsession and I LOVE them! I have praised them on fb and a few friends have bought them and agreed. I will be buying more! Yay for cvs ecb's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you posted how they taste! I eat my gloss too and hate funky tasting lip products. Now I need these. Badly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grabbed Saucy Mauve the other day..I love it! It has such pretty multi-shimmer in it. Perfect over any color lipstick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked up Golden Nude also and love it! I am glad it doesnt smell similar to the Loreal lipsticks which I think smell SO nasty!!! I have been using this like crazy since Monday when I bought it! Yes I did full price too! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Chocolate obsession and It's a bronzey shade with a bit of shimmer. I am loving the color and moisturizing formula a lot. I am not a big fan of Loreal lippies but this one is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I already owned three of these glosses but after seeing your review of this color, I had to pick it up. It's now my favorite of the bunch! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought this after seeing a magazine add where the model was wearing Watermelon Crush (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XggyYxw61vQ/Thu5ZsM7UqI/AAAAAAAAAtU/VQGKzV5s3ik/s1600/3.JPG). On her it looks like a shiny bubblegum pink, but on me it was much more sheer and I could barely see the pink color. I do like the texture and the sheer color is nice, but I'm disappointed because the opacity (or lack thereof) is not what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig