Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 9, 2011

Salma Hayek to launch beauty line at CVS

image source: eonline.com
image credit: Gregg DeGuire/Getty Images


I've already seen a tiny bit of information about this new beauty line, but I thought I'd share this article I spotted on drugstorenews.com today because it contains additional details that I have not seen in other new stories:

WOONSOCKET, R.I. — Actress Salma Hayek is stepping into the mass-market beauty business with a new makeup line exclusively for CVS/pharmacy called Nuance, which is slated to hit store shelves in August, according to published reports.

Hayek reportedly has been conceptualizing the initiative for a decade and took three years off from acting to create the collection, which ranges from makeup to hair care to skin care products. Products in the 100-SKU line are priced between $7.99 and $19.99.

It is estimated that Nuance could rake in $35 million in its first year alone, according to published reports.

The collection was inspired by Hayek's grandmother, who was a Vichy Lab-trained cosmetologist and incorporated Native American and Mayan ingredients into her beauty treatments.

Wow, she means business. One hundred products! I am very excited to see the makeup products in this collection, and I hope the retail price on the makeup is closer to the $7.99 end of the range as opposed to the $19.99 end of the range!

What do you think of this news? Are you excited to see what Ms. Hayek has in store for us?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Very! I can't wait to see what the products look like and I plan to purchase quite a few from the line to review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited! She has beautiful skin and claims to have some family secrets for skincare. I also like that she has access to the best luxury brands through her husbands business but chose to make the line mainstream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm mainly interested in the skincare, specifically the anti-aging, products. The price range sounds reasonable and hopefully CVS will run a promotional sale when they launch the line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try her line! I'm excited by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound interesting.Hopefully they will run a sale on these items when they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOHOOO I'm really excited about this line. Selma Hayek is gorgeous and I'm so sure she'll have great product too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definately want to see these... always looking for the next best thing! Also, how cool that her grandmother is/was a cosmetologist!?!? And it sounds like she was ahead of her time! I hope Selma is too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with AKB because with the Pinault fortune she could've easily added to the high-end market they specialize in so I'm glad she's doing it w/CVS. I love her style and she's an avid supporter of women and women's issues so I think my beauty club money will be put to good use. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a great article on Salma and she talked about this line a lot, so I am VERY excited to get a look at what she's come up with. I love her, and she seems the type to actually put a lot of love and thought into whatever she does.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is exciting; I hope she has some good formulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh dang not until august! Well Im exited to see more about this.
    Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Dual Phase Body Oil is AMAZING!!!!!! Not even remotely greasy....smells so good!!! Perfect

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig