Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spotted: L'Oreal & Maybelline Summer 2011 Limited Edition Collections

Before I get into the pictures, let me tell you everything I know so far about the new crop of limited edition Summer 2011 collections that are currently hitting our drugstores (there's lots to know and a few surprises so keep reading if you're interested):

If you saw my post from the other day, you know that Revlon has a new Summer 2011 limited edition collection called Summer Romantics. Maybelline and L'Oreal have released their LE Summer 2011 collections as well, and Maybelline's is called The Bright Side.

Now, when I posted pics of Maybelline's The Bright Side collection, I mentioned that Maybelline always releases more than one display when they launch a new LE collection, and I want to thank so many of you confirming that there is, indeed, a separate nail-polish-only display in The Bright Side collection (I'm working on getting a pic of that as we speak).

But thanks to my lovely Twitter follower @wiccakat19 for alerting me to the fact that there is a third display to The Bright Side collection that contains colored mascaras (teal, plum, black and blue) and a teal eyeliner with a smudge-tip! If you have spotted this collection in your area, consider yourself lucky!

Now I want to show you the FOURTH The Bright Side display (yep, there's FOUR!) thanks to my awesome reader Gaby:

image credit for all of the following photos: Gaby for Nouveau Cheap


As you can see, this display is full of new Maybelline Shine Sensational Lipglosses!


If you recall, the first The Bright Side display contains OTHER new flavors such as pineapple, but looking closely at THIS display, I think I spot a pink grapefruit, green apple, and maybe a tangerine here??

And now I'd like to show you the L'Oreal Limited Edition Summer 2011 Collection:
Summer Siren

Four nail colors, four Infalliable glosses, two bronzers, two eyeshadow quads and:


A new one-day tinted gel for face and body! I am so excited to try this--I LOVE temporary bronzers for special occasions.

A closer look at the bronzers

Thanks so much for reading, and hopefully I'll get pics soon of the Maybelline polish display and also the colored mascara and eyeliner display as well.

Another HUGE thanks to my amazing reader Gaby for these fantastic pics!

Have you spotted any of these LE collections in your area yet? Any must-haves?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I picked up one of the L'Oreal quads. The shades are so pretty, but not very pigmented. Prettier in the package I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Loreal tinted one day gel has been out for awhile now but not sure. I saw a girl on you tube talking about it last summer i think. But she said she loved it. So i might try it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and id love to see the teal liner and colored mascaras how cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to leave another comment but where is the loreal le display at, and the maybelline ones? Are they at rite aid or wags. I was just wondering where they have been spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the Summer Siren display at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I kept thinking about the gorgeous polishes and so went back today and got all four. I wanted that sparkly yellow...bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a sucky day today so I went for a drive and along the way decided to stop at a grocery/drug store in a far off neighborhood. Lo, and behold, they had the L'Oreal display (and the WnW Vanite eye/lip display). I found a $2 off L'Oreal coupon in their circular so I quickly grabbed four circulars so I could get all of the nail polishes. $3 each for them and that yellow is AMAZING. Needless to say, my mood immediately improved after scoring that deal. :) Still looking for those Maybelline displays since I've only seen 2 of the 4.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kimberly: Thanks i forgot that bed bath and beyond sold cosmetics. But the closest one to me is like 45 min awat :-(. I think i will check some rite aids and wags in the next town to see before i make the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Loreal polishes look good! I'm wondering if the yellow is close to Chanel Mimosa. I'll look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen any of these yet, but I'm excited to check out the L'oreal polishes and the new CS glosses.
    My wallet cries out for help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I cant wait to see them all! We are still wearing winter clothes where I live. Its been a non existant Spring, but I am rocking my Spring polishes and Lip Glosses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I've tried the One Day bronze--- it's really nice! Buildable color~ I put on 2 layers and it gave a nice glow to my pale legs, haha! You'll enjoy it~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked up a expertwear 8 pack of The Bright Side (100) the colors look really bright blue green peach and yellow. I hope they pack a lot of punch and look good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the L'Oreal collection at CVS today, and the polishes are GORGEOUS! The pink was already sold out, but I walked around the store for about 15 minutes with the yellow before reluctantly putting it back, because I just bought CG Solar Power and Lemon Fizz and haven't worn either yet.

    I would say that, at least in the bottle, the L'Oreal yellow has a little bit more shimmer (slightly larger "shimmer-ites," lol) and is a little less gold-colored than Solar Power, but it's still a very warm yellow.

    The Revlon polishes didn't really blow my skirt up - I felt like I either had those colors or they were more washed-out than I wanted at that very moment. But I am intrigued by the lip balms!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought the pink LE lip gloss a while back and really like it. It's bright pink but something about it makes it kinda unique. It has kind of a sheen to it that's almost duo-chrome and the sparkles are pretty. I want to get a few of the polishes, saw them at Ulta yesterday and loved the bright pink that is almost a match for the gloss.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig