Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bargain of the Day (BOTD)


Everyone's familiar with Kiss My Face and their wonderful products, but how many of you have tried their Moisture Shave? I've been using it for over a decade and I can tell you that after the first time I used it, I never went back to shaving creams, foams, or gels again.

The reason why I'm putting this in the BOTD is because, even though it's about $8 for an 11 oz bottle, it will last you FOREVER (you don't need a lot) and it will provide you with the closest shave possible while simultaneously preventing annoying bumps, cuts, and ingrown hairs.

Ladies, we've all been there when it comes to shaving disasters. Some products make you feel like the razor is literally dragging along your leg (ouch!) while others are so thick that it's hard to get a nice close shave. With Moisture Shave, you've got the perfect balance of "slip" and closeness. Use it just once and you will know what I'm talking about.

You can purchase Moisture Shave in a fragrance free formula as well as in the following scents:

Key Lime
Lavender & Shea
Cool Mint
Peaceful Patchouli
Peaches and Creme
Vanilla Earth

I've tried them all and I have to say I like Peaches and Creme best (with Key Lime coming in a close second).

You can find these at most CVS and Long's Drugs (don't look in the shaving cream aisle though--Moisture Shave is located next to the lotions and soaps in the natural beauty care section). Sometimes, if you're lucky, you may also find a bottle or two at Trader Joe's.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love this!! I have such sensitive skin and shaving can be a nightmare sometimes. Definitely going out to find this stuff this weekend! Thanks for the great tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm going to CVS right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GoddessMary! Please please please report back and tell me if you like this as much as I do! Also, I just saw this for sale at the Save-On drugstores that are inside of Albertson's, etc. for $4.99! I couldn't believe my eyes because they go for $8 everywhere else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. recessionista, i know this post is ooooooold, but i was browsing random categories on your blog tonight, looking for rimmel reviews, and i just had to comment on this. i ADORE the kmf moisture shave, and i have been using it for more than a decade. i've tried some of the scents, but for me my old standby is the good ol' unscented. i originally started using it when i became vegetarian way back in the day and stopped using products tested on animals, then i continued using it from then on because i loved it, plus it's vegan, so it complies with my ethical lifestyle, too. in case you're looking for a new razor, or a cruelty-free one, i use the triple blade razor by recycline. it's eco-friendly (made from recycled plastic) and it does a good job! just my 2¢.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jennifer: Thank you so much for this! I think we've been using this product for about the same amount of time! I have actually been meaning to write another post about this because I just don't think enough people have heard of it and it's one of those wonder products that I simply cannot live without. I've tried SO many other shaving creams and this is the ONLY one that rocks my world. lol. And I will definitely look into that razor--it sounds amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig