Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, January 30, 2011

A review of my Bath & Body Works freebies

I thought I'd take a moment to review the accumulation of free goodies I received this week at BBW, but if you missed my previous posts, first I'll explain how I snagged these for FREE (absolutely no money out of pocket).


The Pink Sangria candle (left) is free this weekend, no purchase necessary, which I posted about here. There's still time, if you're on the west coast, to run out and get yours before the offer expires tonight! These little candles pack a powerful punch--they have 20 hours of burn time and you get to choose between Pink Sangria and Island Colada, which also smells amazing.

I also was able to get the Mango Margarita Foaming Hand Soap, the Peach Bellini PocketBac and the little rubber holder absolutely free, because I'm a member of the I LUV BBW Club and the January free gift was your choice of any full-size hand soap, a 1-oz PocketBac and a little holder. So cool!

I am not going to go into detail about the I LUV BBW Club because the deadline to join ended back at the beginning of December. I know a lot of people were VERY angry that they missed the chance to sign up. I'm sorry if you're not a member, but you can see my reminder post here if you're curious about the details (but again, it's too late to become a member).


So here's my review of each product:

Slatkin & Co Pink Sangria Scented Candle, 1.6 oz
The scent description for this candle is "A refreshing mix of zesty mandarin, crisp apple and sugared grapes & berries".  In my opinion, when these notes combine, the end result is a sweet, light, slightly tart, slightly crisp and lovely mix of tropical notes and I just adore it. It's even got a slight creaminess to it, and the only thing I'm just a tad disppointed about is that the "sangria" part of the title is pretty much absent. I don't get any red wine from this scent whatsoever.  But that said, I still adore it and I burned it for several hours last night and was surprised to find that it really does fill up an entire room with fragrance and it melts quickly so there's no waiting around for the fragrance to hit your nose. I'm impressed.

Mango Margarita Anti-Bacterial Gentle Foaming Hand Soap, 8.75 oz
As far as foaming hand soaps go, I like to think of BBW as the Cadillac of the bunch. I love everything about their foaming hand soaps, from the ease of use (the dispenser pumps smoothly and evenly) to the amount dispensed, to the product itself. My hands don't feel immediately dry and tight when I use this foaming hand soap, which is more than I can say for other foaming hand soaps I've used in the past.  As for the fragrance, well, let me just say this: being born and raised in San Diego, CA, I've had my share of mango margaritas. I don't think this smells like a mango margarita at all, but that's not to say I dislike the scent. I selected this scent myself, which means I loved it more than all of the other yummy scents currently available at BBW. But the reason I love it is because I LOVE tart fragrances, and this one's definitely tart, but it's also got a very interesting grassy note about it. If you like "green grass" types of scents, definitely check this out one. To my nose, this is a lovely combination of lime, mango and a burst of fresh green grass. Love it. 

Peach Bellini PocketBac (1 oz) and holder
As part of the January gift for club members, you also got to choose any PocketBac and one of the little rubber holders to go with it. So I selected Peach Bellini because what's there not to love about peaches and champagne, right? I love the super-sweet peach note, and I adore the bubbly champagne note to this fragrance, and together it's just a winning combo to my nose.  I also love the little teal and blue tie-dye holder I selected, and I'm going to clip it to the key ring inside my purse so that I can always find my antibac when I need it (as opposed to how I usually have to go digging to find it).

Thanks so much for reading--these fruity fragrances are really putting me in the mood for spring and I just love all these new, tropical offerings from BBW.  Have you purchased anything from BBW lately, or have you gotten anything for free (like me)? If so, what did you get and how do you like it? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I got a ton of fruity scents during my trip too! haha we're ready for spring =]

    i love peach belini, such a yummy scent!

    can't wait to hear what the free items for feb are =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered that I had my I <3 BBW card in my wallet, but the last Thursday of January had already passed. What nice goodies, though! I'll definitely have to get on board next month. :)

    The last time I went in, I picked up a Wallflowers unit with a cinnamon and clove bulb. It does a great job at making my room smell wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the mall today, but I was unable to print the coupon for the free candle.

    I also have my I <3 BBW Club card, but missed out on this month's gift. I will make sure to get the gift next month.

    Thanks for keeping us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited (and surprised) that the gift for January was more than just a mini lotion or something (which still would have been nice, of course--I don't complain about free things). I snagged Japanese Cherry Blossom moisturizing hand soap, a lemon PocketBac, and a sparkly teal holder. And I wouldn't have known about the program at all without your reminder post back in December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I picked up the island margarita soap, midnight pomegranate pocketbac with a blue and white tie dye holder for my freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *deep sigh* I didnt get to sign up, but oh well.
    I did get a free pocketbac though. They sent me a coupon this month and I got the I Love Cake one! I also go a pink tye dye holder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These products sound amazing!! I wish I could have signed up!! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sad. My BBW card came in the mail in the beginning of the month and was sitting in the dining table. I saw it but I had to go somewhere and didn't think of putting it away in a safe place so I think my mother must have thrown it away. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though the card says you must go on Thursdays. I was able to go last night and get the candle plus the LUV BBW Club stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last time I was at B&BW I got the Pink Sangria candle, 3/$5. I had to get it because I think it smells like Froot Loops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never got my card in the mail! :( Does this mean they didn't accept my application or send me one?

    Sigh. Thanks for letting us know about all these great deals, though. Not your fault! You're doing an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the scents from here! I bought the nectarine mint (think that is it) it is new. I always buy the soap from there with a coupon. Sorry I missed the club!
    Their scents help Spring get here sooner.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig