Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Finesse Clean + Simple haircare collection (sulfate, paraben and gluten-free)

A little while back, I remember telling you that Walgreens was running a great special on this new collection from Finesse. At that time, I could find very little information about this line on the internet, so I'm delighted to let you know that I now have detailed information to share with you, directly from the manufacturer:

INTRODUCING FINESSE CLEAN + SIMPLE
Finally, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested hair care available at mass retail.

Sensitive skin is a common problem, with almost 60% of women reporting that they are concerned about allergens and harsh chemicals in products that touch their skin. *

People with these concerns know to avoid common allergens like dyes, sulfates and irritating fragrances in their laundry detergents, body lotions and soaps. But, few people with sensitive skin think to suspect a product used daily that also touches much of their body – their hair care products.

Introducing Finesse Clean + Simple – a hypoallergenic hair care line, dermatologist tested to be non-irritating and free of allergens.

What’s not in our products:

Any ingredient known to irritate skin.

This includes:
  • Sulfates, a cleansing and foaming agent common in shampoos that is harsh to skin and hair, and can strip color from hair.
  • Parabens, a preservative believed to have properties similar to the hormone estrogen.
  • Gluten, a protein often functioning as a conditioning agent, and a concern for those who suffer from gluten intolerance or dermatitis herpetiformis.
  • Dyes, in personal products simply to improve appearance, and a frequent source of skin irritation.
* Source: Lornamead survey of nationally representative sample of women ages 35 to 65.

What’s in our products:

Select ingredients, dermatologist tested to be hypoallergenic.

This includes:
  • An extra gentle surfactant to cleanse hair without scalp irritation or excessive drying.
  • A light fragrance, certified hypoallergenic.
  • Specially selected conditioning agents to leave hair soft and shiny without build up.
  • An advanced hairspray resin in a low alcohol hairspray formula.
“Until now,” said Randy Sloan, President, Lornamead Inc., “People with sensitive skin or allergies had to settle for expensive specialty or salon products to meet their needs. Now, they have a good, affordable option for the whole family available where they usually shop for shampoo.”

Finesse Clean + Simple products are available nationwide at food, drug and mass merchandisers, and are offered in shampoos and conditioners, as well as a styling aid:

· Clean + Simple Shampoo for Normal Hair, 10 oz
· Clean + Simple Conditioner for Normal Hair, 10 oz
· Clean + Simple Shampoo for Dry/Color Treated Hair, 10 oz
· Clean + Simple Conditioner for Dry/Color Treated Hair, 10 oz
· Clean + Simple Flexible Hold Hairspray, Non-Aerosol, 8.5 oz

The suggested retail price for these new products is $3.99 each. Finesse Clean + Simple should hit store shelves this month (if you haven't already spotted them in your area).

Are you excited to give this new collection a try? Does it sound like these new products might fit your haircare needs? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I so want to try that Finesse product. I'm always looking for a good sulfate free shampoo and if it's affordable I'm all over it. I remember loving Finesse when I was younger, but just forgot all about them. Especially with dying my hair now I'm on the look out for color friendly, sulfate free shampoos. I just hope I actually see it at the stores around my area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week at CVS the shampoo was on sale for $1.99.....with a peelie that says "Try Me Free". I used a $1.00 off coupon and sent in my rebate. Not a bad price for a new product. I am using the shampoo now. I think I need to get used to the "low lather" with a shampoo like this; I seem to be using quite a bit in order to get enough lather so that I feel I am getting my hair clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering how this compares to the L'oreal EverPure line of products. I just got the smoothing shampoo/conditoner for color treated hair and am LOVING the results with those products. My hair is so much smoother and dries so much faster after using them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using the Loreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo, also. I think it is a better product because you can use much less and still get enough lather to clean your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coral: I used Finesse growing up too! I seem to go in and out of using this brand throughout the years, but I've never fully stopped, and I swear every time I use their products again I say, "Why did I ever stop using these?". haha! I really hope these new products work for you! Please keep me posted if you try them. :)

    annmarie: You got a great deal! How did I miss that one? lol! Low lather shampoos do have a bit of a learning curve, because I know we're so used to equating clean with lather. But I'd be curious to know how your hair feels if you start to use a smaller amount (with less lather). Could you let me know if you feel that your hair is getting as clean? Thanks!

    Alyssa: I have yet to get EverPure but if I do, I will certainly keep you posted because I'll be trying the new Finesse probably within the next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's strange that they say parabens are irritants, yet they are known to have a very low risk of irritation. Usually the preservatives they replace them with (Kathon CG preservatives) have a very high risk for irritation.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig