Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Spotted: New Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Glam Collection

A lot of you already know that I'm a HUGE fan of the Physicians Formula Gel Cream Liners, which I reviewed here almost a year ago. For the money, these liners are SO worth it. You get a generous amount of each gorgeous shade, they last forever (as gel liners are known to do) and the quality of these babies is amazing. Oh, and did I mention that I've had mine for practically a year now and none of the three shades has dried out? To put it simply: they rock.

So when I spotted the new Glam Collection, which features METALLIC gel cream liners, I just about flipped out. In fact, I didn't even buy any of them because I was too tormented about which trio to get, going back and forth until I finally said, "Oh forget it. I'll just come back later."

In this new collection, we have four sets of liner trios and four different dual-ended mascaras. One set of liners and one mascara per eye color (who follows that rule though??):

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Glam Collection

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Mascara Duos
left to right: for brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes and hazel eyes

These duos come with a black mascara on one end,and a metallic shade on the other. The duo for brown eyes has a bronze metallic shade, the duo for blue eyes has a silver metallic shade, the duo for green eyes has a copper metallic shade, and the duo for hazel eyes has a gold metallic shade.



I tried so hard to get a good pic of the wands, but since the display wands are encased in plastic, the reflection makes it really hard to see. Basically, it's a jumbo plastic rubberized brush for the black mascara, and a smaller plastic rubberized brush for the metallic mascara.

Now, let's take a closer look at those gel cream liners:



Here's the interesting thing: the pic above states that there are THREE metallic shades in each trio. Well, to me, the black doesn't look metallic at all, so I'm wondering if it 1) becomes more metallic when you put it on or 2) it has that hidden sparkle that's in the original gel cream liners?


The trio for green eyes contains a metallic light violet purple, a metallic silver and a black. The trio for hazel eyes contains a metallic light golden-champagne, a metallic medium violet-plum (in this pic it looks like it could be identical to the violet purple in the green eyes trio but I promise it's not. In real life, this shade is a bit darker and warmer than the shade in the green eyes trio) and a black.


The trio for brown eyes contains a metallic yellow-gold, a metallic bronze (you know I love my bronze liners so I really want this one) and a black. The trio for blue eyes contains a metallic silver (which is a touch lighter than the silver in the trio for green eyes), a metallic blue and a black.

So, what do you think of this new Glam Collection? Do you own any of the original Shimmer Strips gel cream liners or mascaras? Are you tempted by these new metallic shades? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Well, great! Now I have ruined my keyboard from all the drooling!

    Can't wait to see these in my stores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember seeing the gel liners at the stores, but I'd like to try the one for blue eyes. I will have to keep my blue eyes peeled then to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting all of them! I hope there's a bogo free soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want these so badly! We never got the gel liners in Canada (which was a real shame!) and now I want these even more! The hazel eyes one looks so perfect! Thanks for the info! (I'll have to take a look for them when I go to the states!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering which store did you find these in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely tempted by the new Glam Collection. The bronze and gold shades in the brown eyes set are totally calling my name!

    I have the brown eyes set of gel from their regular line and they're by far my favorite gel liners out of everything I've tried. I love them more than my wnw, Jane, L'Oreal HIP, MAC and Bobbi Brown gel/cream liners. For the price, the quality and variety you get can't be beat. They apply so smoothly and, like you, I've had mine for almost a year and they haven't dried out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo! So cool to see pictures of these babies!
    My mom bought me the brown eyes set for liners and mascara and I think she grabbed me the gold mascara as well. I have to wait a week before I get my beady eyes on them though when I visit for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought my 1st gel liner just the other day and I love. I bought Maybelline, but was thinking I'd love some colors, so now I know what to buy! May introduce my daughter to this as a stocking stuffer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have the brown eyes one. They need to go on sale ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my lovelies! I checked the physician's formula website and the new glam collection is officially on the website! I don't know if that means the collection is apart of their permanent line, but only time will tell.

    http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/new-products/mascara/07380.html

    http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/new-products/pencils_liners/07419.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got my hands on the brunette set and yup the black gel liner does have awesome gold sparkle in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a Makeup Artist, and I think they have these backwards from the color wheel. The trio for blue eyes would look good on brown eyes, and the same goes for the brown trio for blue eyes. Blue eyeliner with blue eyes just means people see your eyeliner and not your actual bright eye color.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig