Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, November 22, 2010

Breaking Beauty News! New 2011 NYC products!

I just saw this article on DrugstoreNews.com and had to share it:

NEW YORK (Nov. 22) NYC New York Color, a Coty brand, is gearing up for spring 2011 with the launch of several new products for eyes, lips and face.

NYC New York Color has revamped its line of mascaras and developed specific formulas and brushes to lift, lengthen, volumize or curl lashes. New products include:
  • Sky Rise lengthening mascara ($1.99) with Lift and Stretch technology;
  • City Curls curling mascara ($2.99) with new Curl Xpress technology;
  • Show Time volumizing mascara ($3.99) with Volume Matrix technology;
  • Show Time volumizing waterproof mascara ($3.99) with a flexible polymer system;
  • High Definition separating mascara ($4.99) with Precision Lash technology; and
  • High Definition volumizing mascara ($4.99) with Dual Response technology.
To create smoldering, smokey eyes, the brand has developed new Individual Eyes Custom Compact-Smokey Eyes. The all-in-one compact includes a primer, illuminator, four pressed shadows and a double-ended applicator. Each compact is designed to complement eye color, and the shades include smokey browns, smokey blues and smokey greens. The price is $4.99 each.

For long-lasting lipwear, there's the new Smooch Proof 16HR Lip Stain ($4.99). The lightweight, transfer-proof stain is available in 10 stay-put shades.

Also for lips, there's the new Liquid Lipshine ($2.49). The vitamin-infused lip gloss leaves lips soft and moisturized with up to 20% increased hydration. Liquid lipshine is available in 10 high-shine shades.

For face, there's the new Skin Matching foundation ($3.99) with shade-adjusting technology, Smooth Skin Liquid Concealer ($3.99) to cover under-eye circles and a relaunch of Smooth Skin liquid foundation ($2.99) for ultra-lightweight, blendable coverage.

What do you think? Are you excited about anything in particular? I'm SUPER excited about a new lipstain and a new concealer! Also, you know what this means, right? I think we can expect to see some existing NYC products go on clearance very, very soon!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Im thinkn there's going to be a sale before the 2011 items roll in :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. EverythingsDiamond: That's exactly what I said in this post! lol! Yep...I foresee a good clearance sale in our future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new eyeshadow palettes will look like :) A lot of brands are jumping on the "made for your eye color" bandwagon. I really like their Waterproof Pencil Eyeliners so I'm kind of disappointed they're not coming out with more shades. Hopefully I'll be off my Project 10 Pan by the time these hit my local drugstores ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat! I'm interested in testing out their mascaras. I have a little obsession with trying out drugstore mascaras. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen the NYC custom eyes kit before.. with their limited edition Berry Bloom collection.

    http://igknowidea.blogspot.com/2010/10/nyc-berry-bloom-collection.html

    I am excited about new lip and face products too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AngelicBetrayal: Yeah, actually I remember the "made for your eye color" trend from back in the early 80s! Not new, but certainly there's a current wave of popularity for this type of product again. :) BTW, I like those liners too!

    Stephanie: Me too! haha! :)

    Beauty and All That: I think you might be a little confused? The new Individual Eyes Custom Kits are SMOKEY eye kits. The ones in the Berry Bloom collection (which I've talked about here several times) and the ones in the core collection aren't smokey-eye-themed kits. So these are definitely new. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so looking forward to NYC's new products!

    I'm not sure when it happened but they've become my favorite drugstore brand. I love their $1.99 quick dry nail polishes, mosaic powders (love Peach Glow!), creme blushes, matte bronzer, waterproof eyeliners, and ultra last (square tubes) lipsticks.

    I can't wait to try out their lip stains, concealer and Liquid Lipshines. And I've been curious about their liquid foundation for some time now...I guess I'll finally get a chance to try it out if/when it goes on clearance before the relaunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i *heart* NYC. i especially love their smooth skin liquid foundation. i am super excited about the new products coming out. hopefully there will be a sale on the old products to make room for the new products!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh Finally a curling mascara that is being rolled out again!

    I can't wait to see these new items. For a cheap brand, they really do deliver!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not the biggest fan of this brand. I did however, recently saw the new liquid lip shines at my local Rite Aid. There's this gorgeous, highly pigmented fuchsia colored gloss. Very pretty. There were a few other shades; much more pigmented than the original version.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I nabbed three bottles of the smooth skin foundation in my shade at Target for $.64 cents each!!!!
    I LOVE this foundation. Granted I use just a dab around the nose,probably not the best judge but I'm happy with it. Even happier to have a year or more's supply for less than two bucks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig